What is Phantom ll?

Reaction score
I see the price drop to clear out inventory to make way for the Vision. I also see the mention of a Phantom ll. Anybody have any idea what it's specs bight be?

My guess is a phantom vision without the camera underneath.

So it has the new internal battery(extended battery life), slightly larger size, 9" props, uses rear arm lights for battery communication and MAYBE a change from 2.8 to 5.2 GHz

Fingers crossed it comes 'Gimbal ready' this time too!

All of this is speculation but considering all the work DJI have put into the Phantom Vision, and how transparent they have been about it I doubt they have made a completely separate design from the Vision and kept it a secret

I"m guessing (but almost certain) it will be the exact same body, motors , props,nuts, NAZA as the Vision, but without the camera and fpv stuff.
it'd be silly for DJI not to have a better Phantom to carry the zenmuse.
..tho anyone's guess as to whether it'll be 2.4 or 5.8ghz Tx/Rx.

would be nice if they included slightly improved landing gear for those who want to use other gimbals for a bit more clearance.
(and of course would be nice if they made it a bit wider for larger props, but I kinda doubt that will happen for some reason.

Hi together,

in a small German-language Dji Phantom Forum (http://www.drohnen-forum.de) I have read something about a completly new enhanced version of the phantom - calles phantom2 - there are rumours out there that BTU, Waypoint, and much more features are already built in and that it may have a foldable landing gear.

I googled for that (Phantom II) after I read these information and came to your thread here - and now wonder, if you can confirm any of these rumours? If so, on which facts / sources are these information based on?

Thanky for your help!

Greetings from Spain!

Also Blade released their 350QX to those of us who pre-ordered (in stores in a week or two).
The 350QX is $420 for the BNF, and $470 for the RTF.

I flew my blade (without a GoPro) for about an hour yesterday...much lighter than the Phantom. Feels like a cheaper, more fragile plastic. The "smart" mode is slower than the phantom, and a straight descent is much smoother. In stability mode, the blade is FAST and agile. Very fun to fly! I haven't tried agility mode yet. Will have to fly with the GoPro to really compare.

GoodnNuff said:
Also Blade released their 350QX to those of us who pre-ordered (in stores in a week or two).
The 350QX is $420 for the BNF, and $470 for the RTF.

We have those in store locally here.. I'm tempted.....

I understand that the Phantom II will be released in November and will have new functionality, like programmable GPS waypoints. But I don't know any other detail.

The Blade's not looking very impressive at all. It has a 'toy-like' quality to it. I haven't flown it but I hear it flies good.

Heinz Janzen said:
Flying-Hobby is saying that the new Phantom 1.2.1 is the Phantom II we are waiting for: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2013508

Could that be right?

Heinz

Pretty sure v2 will be a vision without camera, same new shell with larger battery and rear arm led's used as the new staus led. Will have all the latest phantom bits and probably some more but all id be interested in is the new shell.

I doubt if its just a new shell.

A larger battery would require more powerful motors and possibly a change in the ESCs in addition to other enhancements like Naza V2, the upgraded main board which can accommodate new functions. Given the focus on a new product (Vision), I would think that making upgrade kits would be a low priority for DJI - judging from the posts on this board, a good number of people would be willing to spring for a totally new rig.

Also, the new control transmissions appear to be at 5.8 GHz rather than 2.4 GHz (latter reserved as the new video channel).

Using NAZA v2 is obvious as its included in current phantoms so all bits in this combined with all bits in the vision minus the vision camera as I did say or at least I though. ESC's and motors have no need to change and NAZA v1 and v2 really makes very little difference other then a new paint job. They share the same firmware and have exactly the same functionality. Seeing as v1 isnt being produced any more they will be using v2. A newer board that includes the pmuv2 and a canbus hub would be pretty much needed so you could use dji osd and waypoints if not already built in. Radio going to 5.8ghz would be pretty stupid for the non vision version but will likely be a futataba fasst 2.4g receiver.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20