What is needed for GS to work?

Reaction score
Hi All
Im sorry if this is a basic question but I am new.

I have a Phantom 2 with iOSmini and transmitter for a FPV screen. I have the 3d gimbal mount with the GoPro H3 also attached.

What else do I need besides the iPad App to run GS with the Phantom 2.... I have been struggling to find a manual !

Does the iPad upload a route to the Phantom and then the Phantom runs the route or does it need a connection to the Phantom to control it?

You need to by the Ipad Ground Station set - http://www.dji.com/product/ipad-ground-station

The set up includes ground end, air end BTU (blue tooth unit) - you supply power (battery) and an Ipad (later model Ipad). You load your coordinates into Ipad app, it transfers to air end via blue tooth and away it goes.

So just to confirm, when the route is loaded via the bluetooth to the BTU on the Phantom the Phantom is totally autonomous and doesn't require a link to be maintained back to the iPad whilst its in the air?

Joe Batt said:
So just to confirm, when the route is loaded via the bluetooth to the BTU on the Phantom the Phantom is totally autonomous and doesn't require a link to be maintained back to the iPad whilst its in the air?
yup
but after it's mission you need to use your controller or GS to land. it won't self land after a mission.

The Ground Station I purchased came with Windows software -- which I do not use -- so all I had to do was download the iPad app. In terms of hardware, there is no difference between the two, iPad or Windows. Just for the heck of it I loaded the Windows software on my MacBook (using VMWare). One quick look at the Windows interface and I decided to stay with the iPad version. :)

Joe Batt said:
Is it a different version for the iPad vs a laptop or the same kit?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20