what is needed for FPV without a gimbal

Ksc

Reaction score
I'm looking to do FPV without a gimbal. I'm trying to figure out what pieces I'll need for this. I will eventually get a zenmuse so would like the pieces to work with that as well. I've already installed the upgraded board for the zenmuse. I'd also prefer to connect to a screen and not a headset. Something with good range and connects to the gopro would be perfect. Also something affordable as this is a hobby and not a job.

Well the things you need are:

1) Transmitter (TX) - these come with different power outputs but trust me 250mw is MORE than enough. With the correct antenna you will get way further than the stock phantom's range. This is mounted on the Phantom.
2) Receiver (RX) - This recieves the video from the TX.... it plugs into the device you will watch from (Monitor or Goggles).
3) Monitor/Goggles - As above.... this will show you the output.

A really good goggle kit is the Fatshark Predator V2... google it and you will see it comes with pretty much everything including a camera but you can use a Hero camera if you buy a cable that plugs it into the RX. If you don't like the goggles always then it comes with a cable that plugs into a monitor... gives you the option then.

That is a starter at least.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj