What is it about parking structure that mess with the compass?

Reaction score
I got my p3p to finally launch off the top of a parking structure recently, and then it was like it was in atti mode vs. wind. It was like it was flying without gps, but it was still on the P mode. I landed it soon after but noticed the go app gave me some kind of calibration system warning. Does anyone know what it is about parking structures that mess with the phantom's ability to fly? I remember going for a calibration on another parking structure, but It failed since "metal" objects must have been too near.

Steel re-bar and other ferrous construction materials (brackets, plates, beams) used for reinforcing and joining concrete.

Last edited:
Rebar. Been discussed ad nauseum on the forum. A compass error from rebar can cause your bird to end up fubar! ;)

I got my p3p to finally launch off the top of a parking structure recently, and then it was like it was in atti mode vs. wind. It was like it was flying without gps, but it was still on the P mode. I landed it soon after but noticed the go app gave me some kind of calibration system warning. Does anyone know what it is about parking structures that mess with the phantom's ability to fly? I remember going for a calibration on another parking structure, but It failed since "metal" objects must have been too near.
Don't attempt to calibrate or take off from reinforced concrete.
It's half steel and all that steel has quite a magnetic field.
Here's the best explanation of what it can do: Looking for Trouble ??

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic