What improvements would you like on the next Vision?

1. I'd love to see a better camera. Not that the one on the P2V+ sucks, but when compared to what "could be" I find it terribly lacking. If DJI can't come up with a better camera themselves, give us the ability to at least add a GoPro to the bird. Have it use the same data connection that DJI's camera uses, and give us the ability to have live preview, change settings, take photos and videos, etc. through the DJI app - you know, the same way that their camera works. (Yes, I realize that I can use a GoPro with a Vision 2... but you still don't get all the "goodies" by doing it that way.)

2. Improve the WiFi connection data rates to allow for streaming at least 720p video. If we could get 1080p that would be even better. (Yes, I realize it would cut into their Lightbridge sales, but we're talking what I'd like to see.) I'd be willing to pay several hundred dollars more for this capability (it would basically be "Lightbridge for Vision" after all.)

3. Longer flight times would be nice. Or at least achieve an economy of scale that allows for prices on the current batteries to be lowered from $159 to $99 or less.

4. Features that permit users to disable "gimp-a-copter" features while flying in NAZA mode. There are some instances when you just need to fly in DJI's arbitrarily imposed "no fly zones" to get a good picture or video. Case in point: if I wanted to fly this over certain areas of the Potomac or in DC right now, I'd have to install a non-supported version of firmware (1.08) on my V+. Users should have the ability to fly when and where they want, as long as they accept responsibility for their actions.

5. Features that remove the artificial restrictions that DJI currently places in their waypoint mode.

6. The ability to tilt the camera smoothly. Either do much better with the app or (preferably) allow for the use of a 7th channel.

7. Someone already mentioned LED headlights. That would be pretty cool.

8. 'Stealth mode' (aka having the ability to control the status of all LEDs from the app) would be pretty cool too. I can't imagine using it a lot of times, but if I ever decide to fly at dusk or later it might be interesting. I'd mainly be interested in being able to turn all lights off to get a cleaner picture once I've positioned it where I want.

9. Parts availability at launch. I haven't needed to replace anything yet, but I'd like to have little to no wait if I did. If DJI wishes to market these for use beyond the hobbyist level, this is a must. I know that serious aerial photography companies will have rigs that cost thousands more, but in many cases something like a P2V+ is the most cost-effective solution for a start-up to use to get reasonably decent quality photos after some editing.

10. How about switching over to a frequency for aircraft control that's less prone to cut out when line of sight can't be 100% maintained? 2.4ghz is out - can a lower frequency be used for this instead? Switching from 5.8 would also eliminate some issues that a few folks might have when flying around others who are using FPV equipment at that frequency.

11. Someone mentioned waterproof. I think that's a great idea. I would feel much more comfortable with flying over water if it was.

12. Having the ability to add filters and polarizers to the camera lens would be awesome. Not sure how DJI would handle balancing for the gimbal (maybe this would have to be set as a 'filter mode' via software to get things to work right).

13. How about offering the option to use a higher end radio like a Futaba somehow? My understanding is that they only work in the 2.4ghz range. (Someone please correct me if I'm wrong and have missed something here... I'd like to upgrade the radio for the P2V+ if possible.)

14. A "follow me mode" would be great.

15. A "loiter" mode for waypoints would be great, especially if it let you control both pitch and yaw.

16. For those who fly with both WiFi and 4G network enabled, having some sort of social feature that let you see others flying in your area in real-time would be great. If some sort of standard platform could be established for this among all brands of quads, that would be even better. It could be used as a "pseudo crash avoidance system".

17. Speaking of crash avoidance systems... ;)

I'm sure there are more items, but it's almost 2am here and I'm going to bed. :)

I only want one improvement done on the next version: An option to control and transmit FPV video over internet in real time.
One the air end, it should be able to take a sim card to access internet through 4G LTE cell phone network. On the controller side, it can take cat5 network cable or wifi or sim card for 4G LTE too. So that the range would be unlimited with HD video feed, just like face time over internet. FaceTime can do it, why can't Phantom visions ? This should be very easy to achieve

The ability to use 4g or LTE to control the bird and fpv. If I can use facetime video over 4g and LTE to video chat, why cant we use it for the bird? I would be happy to add a line to my family plan. And if you lose 4g and or LTE connectivity, the bird, fpv and rc revert to 2.4/5.8

polo-kracher said:
before throwing another product on the market they need to work on their customer service and make sure to get some spare parts !!!! and all that for a fair price, not up to 800$ for a gimble+camera. been looking at the new walkera H500, i think its worth a try

Unfortunately the Chinese think they are it, and we made them that way. I used to do business with them, and now I'm back to the states a little more in cost, but 1000% better in execution. with that said,

yea how about a FAIR cost of replacement, and camera that is 75% of the original cost is outrageous but hey, go fight it.

What I would like to see is an American company building some competition.

If I can't get that, some reasonable WiFi power...

cleaner1369 said:
Is there any program that will allow you to disable the LED's on a P2V+?

Black tape?

Mako79 said:
cleaner1369 said:
Is there any program that will allow you to disable the LED's on a P2V+?

Black tape?

That's what I'm using right now...seems like there oughta be an app that would allow you to control the "Off" and "On" switches.

A couple of (GPS-related) changes I'd like to see to the "DJI VISION" app:
- On the "Find My PHANTOM 2 VISION" screen, it'd be nice to be able to see the location as GPS coordinates (i.e., latitude,longitude), rather than just showing a map.
- When setting waypoints in "Ground Station" mode, it'd be nice to be able to specify the waypoint using GPS coordinates (i.e., latitude,longitude), rather than just using the map.

DJI, are you listening? (Nah, of course DJI isn't listening :) :-(

Ross.

my wish list:

a better looking phantom..looks toyish
better camera sensor and optics
optical zoom
low latency cell tower connectivity for FPV
auxillary power ports
higher capacity battery
emergency parachute system

better instructions,
better training,
reasonably priced easily available spare parts,
and a faster responding US CRM (customer support).

As a professional photographer, I am pretty impressed with the camera (considering) but think it could use some improvements:

-Allow aperture settings other than f/2.8. I'd like to be able to stop down in daylight and get sharper images.
-Ability to turn JPG capture off and only capture RAW.
-Modest optical zoom would also be nice

I think my next quadcopter I upgrade to will be a bigger one that I can hang a Canon EOS-M on to get more professional results, but if DJI came out with a slightly bigger copter with an equivalent camera, I'd be all over that. Having integrated FPV is very nice.

As for the rest of the aircraft:
-Better battery life and/or cheaper batteries
-Control that makes it easier to make slow pans and rises/descents for video.

How about a lightweight plexiglass type of enclosure around the camera and gimbal so that a hard crash would not destroy it.
The ability to move the gimbal from side to side not just up and down, or make the gimbal be able not to move just straight down footage but completly in the opposite direction so the camera could be on a complete horizontal either facing forward or back. Definitely some sort of zoom whether optical i know not possible or digital. Give us the choice of having the lights on the bird stay as green and red even when it goes to low battery as i use this to help with my steering. I dont fly usually out of site. And lastly as dirty bird said the ability to taser irate uncooperative bystanders who hassel us about flying. :)

Ability to turn red LEDs on 'front arms' of Phantom on/off from DJI app so they won't foul up low light photography. Turn off while shooting, turn back on to assist in landing. (I've covered up my front LEDs with gaffer tape).

Ability to shoot auto-bracket exposure burst.

Full manual control of camera (aperture is set at f2.8, ISO can be set, but currently there is no control of shutter speed).

Stronger camera gimbal.

Option to buy only camera ribbon cable, or gimbal assembly, or camera.

IMHO, radio transmitter is 'toy-grade', better quality transmitter would solve a lot of problems users are experiencing.

Longitude and Latitude are recorded in EXIF data, but no Altitude? Seriously?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj