What I want

Reaction score
One of the most frustrating parts of filming with a Phantom is the difficulty in making smooth pans and turns. The cheapo plastic controls have no friction or feel. The rubber band thingy sort of helps, as does dropping the gains down but it really isn't smooth at all.

You can make smooth turns in Litchi - if you plan ahead. Not one of my strong suites when it comes to flying. I just like to fly and turn, on the fly if you will. I can do this easily on the autopilot for my boat. Using the touchscreen I can make 1 or 10 degree turns at a tap. It should be 'simple' to make a real time app that could, for example, turn 1, 3, 5 or x degrees over a certain time frame.

Anybody seen anything like this? Does this sound useful? Interesting?

Cruze mode in Autopilot works GREAT. A Phantom will never be an Inspire but Autopilot does a good job of controlling the yaw as I fly the Phantom.
Anything Litchi can do Autopilot can do better. It even adapts to altitude changes when in "Follow Me" which Litchi can not do. Check it out!

With Litchi, you can select the track function, then slow the sticks, don't activate the track function and it will go as slow as you want. Flip back from F mode to P mode to return to normal speeds.

Autopilot may have more functions, honestly I haven't used it, thus I would never discourage trying it, but Litchi has made many recent improvements for the iOS system and I am personally very happy with it.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4