What I miss

Reaction score
What I miss is the led on the back of phantom. I like the LEDs don't get me wrong. But I sucks when it's sitting on the ground and. Can't see them to tell what's going on.

In bright sun you pretty much have to get down or stand far enough to the side to see them. Maybe someone will make a landing pad with a shiny chrome patch at the end ... or you just bring along a mirror :?

Visioneer said:
or you just bring along a mirror :?

I do exactly that for the LED on my 550 which faces downward, just a 2"x2" pocket mirror that I plop down on the ground right below it. Doubles as a great launch spot marker for RTH/HL purposes.

Hmmm ... wonder if a small strip of reflective mylar taped next to the LEDs would reflect enough, and stay in place.

Options in reverse order:

• Get on hands and knees (too much like hard work for my old knees).
  • Hold your hand under the lights and look at your palm (now you want me to bend over?).
  • Ensure Phantom has been switched on for 30 seconds before taking off (allows enough time for lock), take off and hover at 3 metres and look at lights while checking Left/Right/Forward/Back/Up/Down/Yaw function as intended and look at your phone and read the number locked.

If you stand bad from it a bit (which you should do when getting ready for takeoff any way) you can see the LEDs easier.

Otherwise, I just stick my hand underneath the LEDs and look for a green reflection.

Pull_Up said:
Dental mirror on the end of one of those telescoping magnet on a stick tools... ;)

Might look like you're inspecting the aircraft for bombs, mind...
Or your upskirt mirror !

Yeah, it would be nice to have the blinking LED on top of the arm, but instead, I merely slip my hand under the arm while the Phantom is on the ground andI look at the reflection of the LED on my wedding ring.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik