P3 Firmware what has been the most stable firmware for P3P? ever

Reaction score
I have the original P3P from over a year ago. Havent upgraded or anythig. Keep my tablet in airplane mode and no internet connections to force an upgrade. The P3 FLIES PERFECT. I see all the numerous updates and people posting FW problems, makes me glad I never upgraded.

I have all upgrades and have had a P3P for about 6 months. The P3 flies perfect. Makes me glad I update every time there is a new version. Just saying.

Reactions: Falcon900
Have just swapped my Phantom at dealer (less than two weeks old) Video stopped working properly a few days ago. No signal at 20m and 30m. The problem started after a firmware update.

When first unboxed and powered up, day of delivery September 1st, a firmware upgrade was applied. That was before I'd even flown it. It flew perfectly with good video signal. Then around a week ago another firmware update was forced on me and that's when the video problem began. Seems from forums I'm not the only one. I can't find release note documentation that details what the firmware update was for (remote, aircraft or both) and what it was meant to achieve.

The brand new boxed one I got last night won't be getting any upgrades to the firmware until I can figure out how to backup all existing firmware or have access to a working archive for P34k firmware that actually allows rollback. I was unable to rollback last week.

I can't be certain but I suspect that the first firmware updated the aircraft (due to the version numbers I remember) - this is all new to me, my first drone - and the second update was for the controller and coincided with the app update.

Other manufacturers would have a page on their website listing all firmware update details in date order.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20