What happens when I fly below 0 meters?

Reaction score
I was out shooting a waterfall yesterday and was just wondering what would happen if I flew the Phantom 3 below 0 meters ground level (I started the flight at the top of the waterfall)? I wasn't sure and I didn't want to test it without knowing exactly what would happen. Does anyone know what would happen/ how to adjust for this?

Thanks!

It sets the altitude at 0 wherever your home point is. If you start on an elevated area and fly below your home point, it will display negative altitude. Other than that, nothing will really happen. Everything else acts normally.

Reactions: Julius717
It sets the altitude at 0 wherever your home point is. If you start on an elevated area and fly below your home point, it will display negative altitude. Other than that, nothing will really happen. Everything else acts normally.

Ok awesome. A part of me was concerned that it would read that 0 meters and assume it was touching ground, kicking it into land mode.

Ok awesome. A part of me was concerned that it would read that 0 meters and assume it was touching ground, kicking it into land mode.
It will only think it has landed when you are holding the stick all the way down and the aircraft isn't descending at all. No need to worry.

Drone is smarter than that. I've flown negative alot never had a issue. Actually was filming a waterfall also. Started about 1500 ft away and was negative about 120 for this pic
hana waterfall.jpg

I was out shooting a waterfall yesterday and was just wondering what would happen if I flew the Phantom 3 below 0 meters ground level
Don't do it.
Time will start to run slowly backwards and the time-space continuum will begin to unravel.
This will lead to human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

Don't do it.
Time will start to run slowly backwards and the time-space continuum will begin to unravel.
This will lead to human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!
Happy that we don't have waterfalls here in Holland.
To avoid this Armagedon off biblical proportions, "take off @ the base of the waterfall.";)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic