Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

1. wingtip85

Ok...sounds like a crazy question and can't really seem to find an answer. I dumped my Nexus 7 and have been flying with my Note 5...works much better, but still get those **** green video lines occasionally. I keep my data active and phone on and it has been flying fine....BUT today I just thought...what happens if somebody calls me? i got concerned because I was testing Litchi out and my phone rebooted twice...each time I was plugging in the USB cable.

Thoughts? Should I cache the map? Then exit app...put in airplane more, then fly??

2. Unicyclejunkie

Nothing happens for me. But for calls I just reject them with message usually. I have a note 4. I also constantly press the home button to do diff things like start recording with my screen recorder, or even text, or change brightness etc.

Supposedly you can even take off and fly without even using the app, but I haven't tried that.

Oops, I just realized this is the p4 forum, I have the p3a, but it should be the same regardless.

3. wingtip85

4. Dirty Bird

I fly & talk on the phone all the time, though with my P3P, P3A, & P4 I am flying with the tablet tethered to the phone. For my Vision+ & P3 Standards, I just answer the phone (if it's someone I want to talk to) via my Bluetooth & jabber away while flying. It has never had any noticeable impact on the Phantom or app. Your display will pop up the caller but, if you have a Bluetooth in your ear, just answer via the headset button & return to the app.

5. Blue Bird

Just put your phone in airplane mode to avoid incoming calls.

6. Wibble

That is what I do although being British I call it aircraft mode instead!

7. Dirty Bird

What the heck is up with you folks? Can't talk & fly Phantoms at the same time, eh? Crikes! :p

8. Wibble

You have obviously never spoken to my ex girlfriend. She seems to know when I am flying or driving to launch one of her tirades!!!!!

Dirty Bird likes this.
  9. Thomas.

I wouldn't answer these anyway!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app (living near Cologne, Germany)

Dirty Bird likes this.
  10. alokbhargava

I usually keep my phone and tablet separate. Fly with tablet on airplane mode with no additional apps running. This way it's a dedicated tablet for my drone.

I did this cause I usually set easily distracted by calls and messages while flying and I don't want to loose my focus. I have seen individuals who can handle multiple tasks simultaneously but I don't fall into that category.

11. Dirty Bird

No doubt related to why she's your EX-girlfriend! ;)

Wibble likes this.
  12. jwt873

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Android phone.. I have used it the odd time, but I normally use my iPad Pro 9.7. It has a much larger screen and I never have to answer it :)