What happens when flying with and Android phone - and it rings?

Reaction score
Ok...sounds like a crazy question and can't really seem to find an answer. I dumped my Nexus 7 and have been flying with my Note 5...works much better, but still get those **** green video lines occasionally. I keep my data active and phone on and it has been flying fine....BUT today I just thought...what happens if somebody calls me? i got concerned because I was testing Litchi out and my phone rebooted twice...each time I was plugging in the USB cable.

Thoughts? Should I cache the map? Then exit app...put in airplane more, then fly??

Nothing happens for me. But for calls I just reject them with message usually. I have a note 4. I also constantly press the home button to do diff things like start recording with my screen recorder, or even text, or change brightness etc.

Supposedly you can even take off and fly without even using the app, but I haven't tried that.

Oops, I just realized this is the p4 forum, I have the p3a, but it should be the same regardless.

I fly & talk on the phone all the time, though with my P3P, P3A, & P4 I am flying with the tablet tethered to the phone. For my Vision+ & P3 Standards, I just answer the phone (if it's someone I want to talk to) via my Bluetooth & jabber away while flying. It has never had any noticeable impact on the Phantom or app. Your display will pop up the caller but, if you have a Bluetooth in your ear, just answer via the headset button & return to the app.

Ok...sounds like a crazy question and can't really seem to find an answer. I dumped my Nexus 7 and have been flying with my Note 5...works much better, but still get those **** green video lines occasionally. I keep my data active and phone on and it has been flying fine....BUT today I just thought...what happens if somebody calls me? i got concerned because I was testing Litchi out and my phone rebooted twice...each time I was plugging in the USB cable.

Thoughts? Should I cache the map? Then exit app...put in airplane more, then fly??

Just put your phone in airplane mode to avoid incoming calls.

I usually keep my phone and tablet separate. Fly with tablet on airplane mode with no additional apps running. This way it's a dedicated tablet for my drone.

I did this cause I usually set easily distracted by calls and messages while flying and I don't want to loose my focus. I have seen individuals who can handle multiple tasks simultaneously but I don't fall into that category.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Android phone.. I have used it the odd time, but I normally use my iPad Pro 9.7. It has a much larger screen and I never have to answer it :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub