What happens if your Phantom 3S flips over mid-flight?

Reaction score
For example, you run into a really bad gust of wind or something like that. I know it's unlikely, but if your P3S were to flip over during flight, what would it do?

Let's say you're 200ft up. Would it know it's upside down? Would it try to restabilize itself? Or would it just plummet to the ground?

Just like a cat landing on its feet, your phantom will do what it can to right itself, providing altitude is sufficient all will be good.

The only guts of winds experienced were around 25 miles and the phantom was moving but stable. Never seen another drone capable of supporting so much winds.

As others have said.

But let me add that this is true of course if no physical damage occurred that caused it to flip in the first place. 2nd, if it hits an object midflight and at least one of the rotor was unable to restart, then it's not going to be able to right itself.

What happens ? If it happened to me ... I'd first shout "OH S***" ...... then pray that it rights itself before doing a tunnel boring impression into the ground !!

Lets be honest - the Phantom is not designed to fly upside down, its Flight Controller is set-up to control level / near level inclined flight as a camera platform. Unlike other quads which have aerobatic capability. So as long as there is sufficient height and no damage to props / gear / motors - it should right itself. Just have a plastic bag ready though for the bits if not !

Nigel

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj