Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

What happens if Transmitter loses connection?

Discussion in 'DJI Ground Station' started by noreason4, Jun 29, 2014.

1. noreason4

Hey,

what happens during a mission, when the transmitter loses it's connection? Will it return to home or continue its mission?

What about losing both connections (= transmitter AND datalink connection lost)? Return to home or continuing the mission?

Thank you!

2. noreason4

3. andersonpaac

It will complete the mission regardless. The mission is uploaded to the phantom

4. doug86

I would be surprised if turning off the TX would fail to trigger a RTH even during a mission, but I'll wait to hear some more replies. Perhaps someone has already tested?

The RTH feature is a major safety item that I would think would always override everything else. Loss of TX signal is a major hazard, and in every other case, if the Phantom loses the TX signal, it comes home (manual mode excepted) or lands itself.

5. NYG

NYG

You could certainly plan a GS route to get you well out of range of your TX. I would hope a RTH wouldn't be triggered.

6. noreason4

Sounds great! I for myself can verify that the Phantom 2 Vision will continue its mission even when the tx will be turned off. I tried that myself. I just wasn't sure what happens to the real ground station on a normal Phantom 2

7. OI Photography

On the normal groundstation, yes...as long as your battery will haul it that far (which isn't really that hard for 2km).

I think the version released for the P2V/P2V+ has a restriction on total mission length, though I don't know for sure what it is or if it's editable.