What happens if I ignore updates ?

Reaction score
Getting my new bird next week, just want to know what happens to the phantom if I keep flying without updating it? Will she fall out of the sky? Etc?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

actually all Phantoms will fall out of the sky
just joking :)
if I were you, I would never update unless there is something wrong and cannot be fixed without update
updates usually bring more negatives (restrictions, etc...) than positives

but it's your choice
just remember, once you update to 1.6, you'll never be able to go back to 1.4 which is considered (by many users) to be the best firmware available

You can keep flying without updating to new SW/FW.

Updates are expected to enhance the features and resolve the defects. One should be able to see the release document to check what's improved. But as these docs are not sufficient and there are unlisted fixes and enhancements which many do not like to have. That's why you will realize you will be asked not to update as details for the hidden changes are not known.

Also recent upgrades created issues for some though cause of it is really not known.

In short, if you are happy with what you have, don't upgrade.

Reactions: peterepeat69
The only thing that'll happen is the DJI GO app will keep reminding you there is an update to install. You can ignore the update if you do not want to install it for some reason.

Getting my new bird next week, just want to know what happens to the phantom if I keep flying without updating it?

peterepeat69,

My next door neighbor got his P3P about 2 months behind me. He is still running what I started with in the beginning. Version 1.19. He can still fly over to the other side of a lake that is near us. Me, I can't even reach the lake anymore unless I move my home point out of our backyards and toward the lake. I'm glad I update and all, but I do miss what it once could do.

peterepeat69,

My next door neighbor got his P3P about 2 months behind me. He is still running what I started with in the beginning. Version 1.19. He can still fly over to the other side of a lake that is near us. Me, I can't even reach the lake anymore unless I move my home point out of our backyards and toward the lake. I'm glad I update and all, but I do miss what it once could do.
Other side always look greener but gold is not green.

if you decline the update 3 times you will have to click on an acknowledge button, I cant remember exactly what it says

Like a lot of updates in a technical world, I step back one rev from the latest version.

Awesome info, Yeh I've come across a few people updating their controller and it stuffing the fpv completely so I'll stay without updates much appreciated.

I do believe that flying without the latest update your bird will be void of the DJI Guarantee.
I always fly with the latest firmware and never had any problem with it. I got my P3P just as they came on the market last year.

I do believe that flying without the latest update your bird will be void of the DJI Guarantee.
I always fly with the latest firmware and never had any problem with it. I got my P3P just as they came on the market last year.

Do you use an iPad ? And have you updated your controller?

Do you use an iPad ? And have you updated your controller?

Yes, I do use an ipad Mini 2, and always update everything to the latest updates: Controller, ipad, DJI GO App, and the PHANTOM P3P.
Once all are updated and confirmed I fly on a very open and large field some intensive test flights, if all is good , then I fly again to the birds full capabilities.
This forum has taught me alot over the time, thanks to all the participants

I have been sticking to the 1.6 without issue but only 14 flights all is well but sticking to the basics. This forum has been great for all my questions. Thanks again!!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Sorry, I did read about it in this Forum
This is not stated anywhere on DJI's website. Nor, is anyone able to provide an example case. So, I think it would be safe to write this one off as a rumor.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie