What happens at the end of a RTH ?

Reaction score
I have been obliged to move my car while I was flying my PH3P. I was wondering what would happen if the bird would have lost the control with the receiver. OK it will makes a RTH and will it land at the RTH point ? Or just stay over the RTH point ? Thanks and rgs.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

The default DJI GO setting is to return to the home point and land. You can change it to make your Phantom land at its current location (where the signal was lost) or hover at that location.

DJI-GO-RC-Signal-Lost.png

Ok thank you. I knew that it will return but i was'nt sure that it wll land

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Lol yup had to change mine when I first tried it manually.

Also something to note is when the bird is in the same proximity as the home point it would just land if you selected RTH instead of flying to the exact point at which it recorded the home point. GPS is accurate within a certain distance. It's not miles away of course haha. When I tried it I was about 25ft away from the home point and it just landed on the spot it was hovering. Further a field it would come back to pretty much the recorded home point within a few feet.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Lol yup had to change mine when I first tried it manually.

Also something to note is when the bird is in the same proximity as the home point it would just land if you selected RTH instead of flying to the exact point at which it recorded the home point. GPS is accurate within a certain distance. It's not miles away of course haha. When I tried it I was about 25ft away from the home point and it just landed on the spot it was hovering. Further a field it would come back to pretty much the recorded home point within a few feet.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Yea, That's documented.
If you're less than 20 meters from 'Home' it simply lands in place.

Reactions: cneedforspeed
That is 20 meters, not 20 feet! Not to imply that I have ever mixed that up before...

Have learned to be real careful to verify metric/imperial in the GUI, it seems to be inconsistent in some spots.

I'm a slight bit confused..

for RTH you have two options - land or hover. Will the bird still fly back to its take off location and just hover at XX elevation? Or if signal is lost it will just hover wherever it's currently at (could be a mile away from you)?

I find I use RTH quite often. I like to press the button and let it fly back home for me. I usually do this when I plan on flying straight back. Either let the system do it for me or let me sit there and hold the joysticks steady flying it back myself.

If the bird just hovers at it's current location, then how can that be considered RTH? Are you sure you're not confused about this? I don't understand how an option for RTH would include hover at current location.

I confess I don't have a P3, but on my P2V, my two disconnect options are RTH or auto-land.

If the bird just hovers at it's current location, then how can that be considered RTH? Are you sure you're not confused about this? I don't understand how an option for RTH would include hover at current location.
It's not an RTH option. but it's close enough that users consider it when making RTH settings.
The advanced settings in the app have three options for how you wish your Phantom to behave in case of a loss of RC signal.
They are:
Return to Home
Land in place
Hover in place

Reactions: Mark The Droner
It's not an RTH option. but it's close enough that users consider it when making RTH settings.
The advanced settings in the app have three options for how you wish your Phantom to behave in case of a loss of RC signal.
They are:
Return to Home
Land in place
Hover in place

Exactly.

I have mine set to RTH as I typically am flying over the ocean or within line of sight so I'm aware of my surroundings. But some of the options on the app are clear but not clearly explained.

Thanks,

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20