What happened

Reaction score
I was flying today and was on my third flight. Bird was still in sight but then my RC said In ATT mode. First time this has ever happened. The bird flew fine but I don't think GPS was working. When I got her back over my head I noticed everything was back to norm. My question is... What causes this to happen.

Also.. if the bird is in ATT mode will RTH work. I was glad I could see her..

I was flying today and was on my third flight. Bird was still in sight but then my RC said In ATT mode. First time this has ever happened. The bird flew fine but I don't think GPS was working. When I got her back over my head I noticed everything was back to norm. My question is... What causes this to happen.

Also.. if the bird is in ATT mode will RTH work. I was glad I could see her..

Did u happen to hit the switch on the top left should have p a f on it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No.. I thought that's what happened but I looked... the switch was in P mode... Never had this happen before... strange

It's not strange.

Various conditions can drop your GPS satellite count to the point where it automatically switches to ATTI, as it should. It's a reasonable precaution, and really, it's best if we know how to fly in ATTI mode. It's also not unusual for the count to go back up while flying and re-gain a GPS lock.

Chris

It's not strange.

Various conditions can drop your GPS satellite count to the point where it automatically switches to ATTI, as it should. It's a reasonable precaution, and really, it's best if we know how to fly in ATTI mode. It's also not unusual for the count to go back up while flying and re-gain a GPS lock.

Chris

what if that happens while its doing a mission and out of signal to your remote?

what if that happens while its doing a mission and out of signal to your remote?
As 'With The Birds' said, "The AC will switch to ATTI and drift with the breeze untill GPS lock is regained, it meets a solid object or auto lands at critical battery level" ...

... plus more possibilities:
  • If your signal is lost on the remote, but it's just the video link that is lost, you can still fly it using the remote. You don't need the video or even the control app on your device for the remote to work the AC.
  • If by "mission", you mean flying an automated mission using the Litchi app, it will continue the mission. If the end of the mission is a waypoint that is close to your remote, you will likely re-gain remote connection before the mission is complete.
    I don't know what happens if you're flying a DJI Go app programmed mission when remote signal is completely lost.
Chris

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic