What happened to this product ?

Reaction score
I went for a midday flight yesterday and I totally forgot how to unusable the iPad mini is for this and I remembered that there was an announcement a couple months ago about a brighter screen tablet but when I looked it up it says it's out of stock but a google search revealed no reviews so my guess is it has yet to be released or the whole product idea has been trashed , [emoji848]
With the recently announced goggles I was wondering if anyone has heard anything about their tablet ?
Buy CrystalSky (5.5" High Brightness)

It's never been in stock. It was announced at CES but went on the site this week.
Don't think it's the same as the p4p+ screen.

It's never been in stock. It was announced at CES but went on the site this week.
Don't think it's the same as the p4p+ screen.
Oh ok thank you,
I have a glass screen protector on my mini that's horrible in the sun I ordered a non glare protector yesterday I'll probably order one of them sunshades but a decent display would be much better easier to use especially at any angle

Oh ok thank you,
I have a glass screen protector on my mini that's horrible in the sun I ordered a non glare protector yesterday I'll probably order one of them sunshades but a decent display would be much better easier to use especially at any angle

The iPad mini is a great size but the screen brightness sucks. My iPhone 7+ is better but smaller. No hoods seem to work and make the operation hard.

I'm intrigued by the CSky monitors. I also have an osmo and they are apparently working on a mount to hook the osmo to the new screens. Plus they have internal recording and HDMI out.

I think it's an interesting idea especially as it works across products.

I wouldn't buy anything to do with djigo. That's loaded on there already sounds like trouble to me.

If you want a CrystalSky be certain that you don't want to use any 3rd party programs because... denied.

My Mini 4 and a sunshade are awesome. Never have had a problem. I will choose to stand in a shaded area if that is an option, but inability to see the screen is never an issue. Go to "Settings", then "Display & Brightness" and turn the screen brightness up to max if you need to.

My Mini 4 and a sunshade are awesome. Never have had a problem. I will choose to stand in a shaded area if that is an option, but inability to see the screen is never an issue. Go to "Settings", then "Display & Brightness" and turn the screen brightness up to max if you need to.

My setup also......
I have started using it more without the sunshade. As temps have warmed up, I look for shade to stand in anyway so less need for the sunshade

My setup also......
I have started using it more without the sunshade. As temps have warmed up, I look for shade to stand in anyway so less need for the sunshade

DJI are also releasing a cable that connects an android screen to the osmo so it doesn't have to use the crappy wifi connection. I know I can use any android tablet but I'm gonna get crystalsky and enjoy it. I think it will be better because it's more tuned and a dedicate device for DJO devices.

The pricing for CrystalSky is f'ing ridiculous. DJI are out of their **** minds to try and charge 470-1000 dollars for a brighter android tablet that only runs their apps. I'll buy a sunshade for my ipad pro and be done with it.

The pricing for CrystalSky is f'ing ridiculous. DJI are out of their **** minds to try and charge 470-1000 dollars for a brighter android tablet that only runs their apps. I'll buy a sunshade for my ipad pro and be done with it.

Well that's great for you and I'm glad you've found the solution that works for you.

As with any of this. Some people need different solutions. It's not for everyone. That's the beauty of choice.

Well that's great for you and I'm glad you've found the solution that works for you.

As with any of this. Some people need different solutions. It's not for everyone. That's the beauty of choice.
If you have some serious money to blow on a device that currently has problems, if you read the posts by poor owners of the P4P+, that's up to you. I was very interested in the bigger tablet as something I could keep in my case forever but after the owner stories and $799 for the cheap big one, yeah...no this is crap.

I want people to be aware of the limitations and since this is information the original guy was asking about I wanted them to know exactly what they were staring at.

Reactions: inkytog
I just got a Hoodman Aviator sunscreen, wow
It's great. Also got a Hoodman quick release remote belt. It's hands free. Great products

If you have some serious money to blow on a device that currently has problems, if you read the posts by poor owners of the P4P+, that's up to you. I was very interested in the bigger tablet as something I could keep in my case forever but after the owner stories and $799 for the cheap big one, yeah...no this is crap.

I want people to be aware of the limitations and since this is information the original guy was asking about I wanted them to know exactly what they were staring at.

But it's not the same device as on the p4p+.
It has different connectivity and I think a different screen and hardware. Yes. It's Android

I'd like to think that if they are touting this with their new pro remote and for the new inspire and associated cameras it isn't going to be a turkey.

Also, it's allegedly suited to the osmo series too which for me is worth it alone.

Horses for courses.

Now I'm confused I thought the Crystalsky display wasn't released yet so what device are you talking about that " currently has problems " ?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1