What happened now?? Installed "better" wires to dbs

Reaction score
I bought better outer wires to dbs panel:

SMA male to RP-SMA male both right angle RF lot RG402 Semi Flexible blue Cable | eBay

20170227_175120.jpg

Then I turned on RC and AC and opened dji go app. My video looks terrible with lots of "noise". Here is a screenshot:

Screenshot_20170227-174747.png

Then I turned everything off and replaced these blue wires with the originals that came with dbs.. My video is still the same with that noise.

What is going on??

Inner wires were replaced earlier and everything was ok..

Lähetetty minun SM-G930F laitteesta Tapatalkilla

Recheck inner wires, did you glue them down? Reset wifi password, re-link RC to AC?
Did you ever turn on the RC without an antenna hooked up?

Re-linking RC to AC did the trick!!!
Thanks God and you!
I was sure that the wires were bad and my tx is fried(no connection to dbs).

Screenshot_20170227-182248.png

I have never turned on RC without wires connected. Thanks to this forum.

These blue wires are pretty tough to apply.

This ain't pretty, but it does its job:

20170227_183714.jpg

Old wires in picture to see the difference of the wires.

Got to do distance test when weather gets better :)

Lähetetty minun SM-G930F laitteesta Tapatalkilla

Last edited:
Those skinny braided wires are usually very good, watch some of the youtube video comparing various cables side by side. Its pretty pointless changing them for such short lengths IMO, some of the thicker looking wires are often worse.

Reactions: JeyTea
Those skinny braided wires are usually very good, watch some of the youtube video comparing various cables side by side. Its pretty pointless changing them for such short lengths IMO, some of the thicker looking wires are often worse.

This is true.
The losses on these short cables are occurring at the connectors which can't be eliminated and right angle types are the worst comparatively speaking.
The only benefits are in the mind if the beholders.
i.e., It's all between the ears.

I was going to say what the others said. The cable is less than 6" long.... how much loss could their possibly be? I honestly don't think this is necessary. Looks bad a55, but just not needed. Be interesting to see someone ohm meter one vs. the other. These do, however, make a difference for someone that has a WiFi antenna, for example, up on a 20 foot high pole, like at a large property.

I hope you guys don't buy those $55 HDMI cables for your TV.... thinking that you'll get a nicer picture. Best Buy employees should go to jail.... for selling people stuff like that. LOL

Reactions: PassiveAPC
Agreed M175, however the losses in such short cables are not in the DC ohm-ic domain.
They occur primarily due to reflectance from any cable discontinuities such as at connectors and connections. This is why simply replacing known good cables is a waste of $.

Reactions: Matts175
I was going to say what the others said. The cable is less than 6" long.... how much loss could their possibly be? I honestly don't think this is necessary. Looks bad a55, but just not needed. Be interesting to see someone ohm meter one vs. the other. These do, however, make a difference for someone that has a WiFi antenna, for example, up on a 20 foot high pole, like at a large property.

I hope you guys don't buy those $55 HDMI cables for your TV.... thinking that you'll get a nicer picture. Best Buy employees should go to jail.... for selling people stuff like that. LOL
Remember water cooled audiophile cables? ;-)

Remember water cooled audiophile cables? ;-)

No. But I do remember an article in Car Audio Magazine (Early 1990s, I was heavy into that stuff) where they compared Monster Cable, Super Duper, Mega $$$ per foot, oxygen free copper, gold plated ends, etc etc. with just bulk lamp cord from a corner hardware store...... Neither humans nor a very expensive spectrum analyzer could tell the difference. Been using lamp cord ever since.

Post a link if you have for these YouTube video that you're referring, testing cable side by side, same equipment, same flight path, same altitude and on the same day hopfuly, otherwise the test would be not conclusive.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

This is true.
The losses on these short cables are occurring at the connectors which can't be eliminated and right angle types are the worst comparatively speaking.
The only benefits are in the mind if the beholders.
i.e., It's all between the ears.
I'm doing 5000 meters (P3S) with my blue cables, so I'm not complaining. Agree that short cable lengths the loss would be minuscule, but there's also the aesthetic value of them looking much nicer on a DBS mod.

The issue with cables it's not just loss but also RF interference going into the system greater shielding protects against this very important aspect

The Nether world

Why not replace those thin inner cables with thick versions of those?

The issue with cables it's not just loss but also RF interference going into the system greater shielding protects against this very important aspect

The Nether world
Do we know if the thicker ones have appreciably better shielding?

Do we know if the thicker ones have appreciably better shielding?
Although I have never opened up the thicker blue cables they definitely have thicker shielding as well as a solid Center core lead. The thinner type cables are series r316 minimal shielding as I have cut them open to observe it. They also have a stranded Center core lead. As far as replacing the thinner cables inside the controller I do not see them available

The Nether world

Although I have never opened up the thicker blue cables they definitely have thicker shielding as well as a solid Center core lead. The thinner type cables are series r316 minimal shielding as I have cut them open to observe it. They also have a stranded Center core lead. As far as replacing the thinner cables inside the controller I do not see them available

The Nether world
Must not have looked too hard, there on amazon.com and also on eBay many vendors have them.
See above post / link.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan