What Happened? Erratic Unresponsive Flight, Orientation off(video and logs)

Go to FLYXXX.DAT and press the "Retrieve .DAT file" button at the top. That will show you the instructions to retrieve that file which is on the P3 internal SD card.

Looks like I messed up, and have overwritten the .dat file from that flight, the most recent one I see is from the 10th, this flight was on the 6th. I'm assuming newer flight data overwrites older files?

Looks like I messed up, and have overwritten the .dat file from that flight, the most recent one I see is from the 10th, this flight was on the 6th. I'm assuming newer flight data overwrites older files?
.DAT files don't get overwritten. It's gotta be in there

.DAT files don't get overwritten. It's gotta be in there

I'm not getting something I see 19 .DAT files, FLY077 to FLY095 many of them 200+ mb it's only a 4gb storage how do they not get overwritten? It was one of the longer runs I've had so I'll upload the largest file and go from there but I think it would have been FLY < 077.DAT which I don't see.

Well, you're absolutely right. With 4 gb storage and 200 mB files it has to overwrite. I got your FLY080.DAT and can see that it has to be yours; it's about 16 miles east of the flight I see in your HealthDrones reference. I suppose this means that the correct .DAT is not there anymore. Thanks for trying to get it. As I mentioned I was keen on this flight because it has a lot in common with a flight that @Luap and I are looking at. In that flight gusty winds were present and the P3 ended up being disoriented and being difficult to control. It's evident from the .DAT file that large errors in the flight control algorithm occurred just prior to the incident. I was hoping to find the same in your flight. Thanks again for looking.

Well, you're absolutely right. With 4 gb storage and 200 mB files it has to overwrite. I got your FLY080.DAT and can see that it has to be yours; it's about 16 miles east of the flight I see in your HealthDrones reference. I suppose this means that the correct .DAT is not there anymore. Thanks for trying to get it. As I mentioned I was keen on this flight because it has a lot in common with a flight that @Luap and I are looking at. In that flight gusty winds were present and the P3 ended up being disoriented and being difficult to control. It's evident from the .DAT file that large errors in the flight control algorithm occurred just prior to the incident. I was hoping to find the same in your flight. Thanks again for looking.

Chalk it up as more user error on my part ;). Thank you for being so willing to help, I've learned alot. I know if I have another erratic flight I'll pull the .DAT files from the bird in a timely manner. I would have been curious as well it does sound like a similar flight. I've been nervous about pirouettes since that flight, and more cautious with windy conditions I've flown quite a bit since and it has been rock steady. Thanks again.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20