What happen if we don't register?

Reaction score
I know there is a 5 buck penalty for registering late, but what are the other consequences?
1. Drone won't fly?
2. FBI will come after you?
3. How do they know if we even have a drone?
4. etc?

Per the FAA's FAQ:

"Failure to register an aircraft may result in regulatory and criminal sanctions. The FAA may assess civil penalties up to $27,500. Criminal penalties include fines of up to $250,000 and/or imprisonment for up to three years."

There is no penalty for registering late. If you register now you will receive your registration fee back.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Per the FAA's FAQ:

"Failure to register an aircraft may result in regulatory and criminal sanctions. The FAA may assess civil penalties up to $27,500. Criminal penalties include fines of up to $250,000 and/or imprisonment for up to three years."
Yeah, and, instead, they may just send you a letter, asking you to please register...which is 1,000 times more likely...:rolleyes: Especially since they have made it clear that education and compliance is their main objective with registration, not jailing or fining first time offenders. The civil and criminal penalties are borrowed from those in already place for real aircraft flown without registration, and those are the maximums possible, based upon the most egregious of circumstances. 13-year-old Johnnie's failure to register himself as a drone pilot before flying his Christmas present from uncle Albert is unlikely to result in a $250,000 criminal fine and 3 years in prison until the 3rd time he flies it! :p

Last edited:
Don't even THINK about it!!!!!!!!!!

indonesia-swat-team1.jpg

Can I register it while it's still in a sealed box? Or how you register the thing?

Can I register it while it's still in a sealed box? Or how you register the thing?
Yes, they require your name, address, credit card and an email addy. No UAV information is needed and it will cover any hobby aircraft you own.
Register here - sUAS Registration

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj