What Gives, is DJI pulling a fast one on me?

Reaction score
Are these repairs justified????

Ok, so I started out a year ago with a P2, the first week I had it, it flew away, I had calibrated it, it was not very far away when it headed south.... I did everything correct. DJI was then coming out with their P3s so they offered me a P3 at $500. I decided to do it. I got it and loved it, flew it a few weeks until one day I took it down to the beach, calibrated it as usual, everything seemed fine. Flew for a bit, then all of a sudden (with 51% battery left) while I was about 500 yards off the beach, I had a message flash on my screen saying "critical battery level, landing.." so it proceeded to land out in the water, never to be seen again. Through my flight records, we noticed that in the Pilot App for Android, they had left out an error code that is supposed to flash if your controller loses connectivity with your aircraft, so this happened when I had 51% battery so it stuck at 51% and I had not noticed until it told me it was landing, about 12 minutes into flight. I sent all the code, flight records and everything they requested to prove that there was an error in the code and not user error. So... they sent me a refurbished replacement. The first day of flying that while doing a normal landing, actually on auto-land on a road it landed a bit harder than I would expect but nothing drastic and the Y-Arm broke off and the ribbon cable broke. So I replaced both of those and got it working again, a few days later my remote control went out, it just would not turn on or charge. After trouble shooting with DJI support for hours and days, updating all firmware in remote and aircraft, the support team decided it was a bad remote. After weeks of waiting for an RMA and multiple emails, I finally got someone on the phone who got me out an RMA and asked that I send the aircraft and the remote in. I was a bit hesitant because it is kind of like taking your car to get it's oil changed, they want to replace everything. Keep in mind, before my other remote died, everything worked fine.

So finally I got the RMA and sent in the aircraft and remote, thinking they really just needed to send me a new remote and everything would be fine again. Here is what they came back with (See Attached Image).

What should I do? I was thinking either just pay the **** money and hopefully have a working aircraft and controller or just telling them to send me a new remote and my old aircraft and if any of the items actually need replacing just do the repairs myself. I am somewhat savvy with the P3 but by far not an expert.I have replaced ribbon cables Yaw arms and DSC boards but not much else. I just don't understand why it would need so much repair when it seemed to work ok when I sent it to them and last time it flew with a remote that worked.

Thanks for any advice.....

-Mark

Attachments

• DJI_repairs.jpg
    DJI_repairs.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 710
Two things stand out. Did you have a P3S or and P3A? some parts are listed specific to a P3P/A
And it kinda looks like they might have sent you someone elses repair bill. Or potentially confused your bird for someone elses.

Two things stand out. Did you have a P3S or and P3A? some parts are listed specific to a P3P/A
And it kinda looks like they might have sent you someone elses repair bill. Or potentially confused your bird for someone elses.[/QUOTE

Thank you for your response, I am not sure, how would I find this out? All that I know is it was a P3 professional, I am not sure the specifics on the refurbished if it was a P3A OR P3S. The one thing that REALLY sticks out more than anything is why would they want to replace the main board and also the landing gear, this was fine to my knowledge....

What did the RMA say?
In regards of your DJI product repair, please use the link below to download and review the invoice with the due amount of $449.00.Located at the bottom left of the invoice you will see a Paypal logo, please click on it and it will redirect you to the website with your invoice. If this link does not work you can submit payment via paypal, by going to paypal.com then click on "send" located at the top. Type the e-mail "[email protected]" without the quotation marks and the amount to be paid located in the invoice. Then click "continue" and follow the steps to input your billing information.
After payment, make sure you email your receipt to [email protected] to confirm your payment has been received, by either attach a screen shot or the pdf file.
**NOTE** If Payment is not received within 7 business days from invoice date, your unit will be processed for return. Once the return process has commenced the status cannot be changed. If at a later date you would like to return your equipment for repair please do so by contacting customer support at 818-235-0789.

Thank you and have a wonderful day.

In regards of your DJI product repair, please use the link below to download and review the invoice with the due amount of $449.00.Located at the bottom left of the invoice you will see a Paypal logo, please click on it and it will redirect you to the website with your invoice. If this link does not work you can submit payment via paypal, by going to paypal.com then click on "send" located at the top. Type the e-mail "[email protected]" without the quotation marks and the amount to be paid located in the invoice. Then click "continue" and follow the steps to input your billing information.
After payment, make sure you email your receipt to [email protected] to confirm your payment has been received, by either attach a screen shot or the pdf file.
**NOTE** If Payment is not received within 7 business days from invoice date, your unit will be processed for return. Once the return process has commenced the status cannot be changed. If at a later date you would like to return your equipment for repair please do so by contacting customer support at 818-235-0789.

Thank you and have a wonderful day.

There was really no other information on why the parts needed to be replaced.

I meant more about what they authorized prior to your sending it in. Im guessing you havent talked to them since you got this email?

When you send in an RMA to DJI you have to include a cover sheet that describes the issues and identifies the type of aircraft. Did you save a copy of that. If so can you post a pdf. It will help us determine if the charges are logical for the damages.

When you send in an RMA to DJI you have to include a cover sheet that describes the issues and identifies the type of aircraft. Did you save a copy of that. If so can you post a pdf. It will help us determine if the charges are logical for the damages.
Here are the documents. Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• scan-1.jpg
    scan-1.jpg
    262.3 KB · Views: 469
  • scan-2.jpg
    scan-2.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 797
Based on all the documents,my best guess is that the main board, not the controller was the cause of your inability to pair the craft and transmitter. I'm sure they blame the main board fault on the harder than expected landing. It would appear that there were a few problems with other parts that were damaged to some of extent. I would ask them to reconsider the charges in light of your past negative experiences. Again this is just my read and others may disagree.

Reactions: dronepilottampa
I meant more about what they authorized prior to your sending it in. Im guessing you havent talked to them since you got this email?
No, I have been traveling I tried calling once but was on hold for like 20 mins and had to jump on a plane. They were to just replace the remote though. Everything else worked fine with the previous remote until it stopped powering up.

Based on all the documents,my best guess is that the main board, not the controller was the cause of your inability to pair the craft and transmitter. I'm sure they blame the main board fault on the harder than expected landing. It would appear that there were a few problems with other parts that were damaged to some of extent. I would ask them to reconsider the charges in light of your past negative experiences. Again this is just my read and others may disagree.
Thank you, that is a good idea, maybe they will work with me. I appreciate your info.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub