What FPV setup you using. Fc40

Phantom Chi said:
dragonash said:
Phantom Chi said:
How was the signal without the addition of that antenna dragon, also was ur range reduced when recording?

never tried either. I have heard people say its equal to the linksys though.
Which, for $40 is a steal since it's way smaller and rechargeable

I only know it with the antenna and recording.
I was going over 1500 ft in a crowded city area.

From experience, in a less condensed area (signal wise), it will go even further

Don't kno if I got the balls to fly that far just yet, but I just picked up my tp link today. Will probably pickup the antenna tomorrow.

keep in mind that if you got the one i did that you have to mod the inside to be able to attach an antenna

Don't kno if I got the balls to fly that far just yet, but I just picked up my tp link today. Will probably pickup the antenna tomorrow.

keep in mind that if you got the one i did that you have to mod the inside to be able to attach an antenna

Yup, 2 solder points is a small task for what I want to accomplish, the sma connector had me a lil confused, could u link where u got urs or what kind?
Also was looking @this for the antenna:
http://www.microcenter.com/product/4130 ... al_Antenna
It's the best they have locally, all others will have to be ordered.
Think this will b ok?

Phantom Chi said:

Yup, 2 solder points is a small task for what I want to accomplish, the sma connector had me a lil confused, could u link where u got urs or what kind?
Think this will b ok?

where are you located? A microcenter just opened up in bklyn, ny ;p
and i wouldnt bother with that one

besides, i think its the wrong connector. I thought you needed an RP-SMA
But I honestly cant remember and my FC40 is packed away, so I cant check

http://www.amazon.com/Alfa-Booster-High ... fi+Antenna

dragonash said:
Phantom Chi said:

Think this will b ok?

Ahh I see, the connector is different,
I'm n Chicago, really wanted to go an pick up the antenna, I'm gunna check a few other places by me b4 placing the order.
U've got like all the answers, thanks.
Also found another: http://www.microcenter.com/product/3618 ... al_Antenna
This looks more like the Alfas connection.

Phantom Chi said:
dragonash said:
Phantom Chi said:

Think this will b ok?

Ahh I see, the connector is different,
I'm n Chicago, really wanted to go an pick up the antenna, I'm gunna check a few other places by me b4 placing the order.
U've got like all the answers, thanks.
Also found another: http://www.microcenter.com/product/3618 ... al_Antenna
This looks more like the Alfas connection.

not quite.
omni directional and the directional panel are 2 different types.
With the alfa, if you face towards the drone, you will get the longest results.
With any omni directional, it almost doesnt matter where you face. You will get the same results (and less than the alfa)

Also, keep in mind that you want to keep everything in a contained unit. That last antenna wont be able to attach to the controller easily :)

Having everything connected to the controller makes it so much easier. I was happy to get rid of my huge linksys! lol

guess i'll jus be patient an order from amazon. thanks Sifu Dragon!

I run an FC40 with iphone5 and the FC40 camera. I would love to find a bidget 2 axis gimbal to run with a gopro white edition but have some Q's

1-does the white wifi interfer with the phantoms controller transmission
2-is the white controllable and live viewable from their ios app
3-is the wifi range further or similar to the FC40 camera
4-what is the best gimbal? or should i upgrade to phantom 2 kit with the 3d axis?

loving the footage and the fun of flying the drone, looking to improve the footage stability and range of the camera, this thing goes so high the camera cuts out :-(

CLark-Kent said:
I run an FC40 with iphone5 and the FC40 camera. I would love to find a bidget 2 axis gimbal to run with a gopro white edition but have some Q's

1-does the white wifi interfer with the phantoms controller transmission
no. The controller is 5.8. The wifi is 2.4
However, the gopro wifi is horribly laggy and is not good for video

2-is the white controllable and live viewable from their ios app
yes, but see comment above

3-is the wifi range further or similar to the FC40 camera
Less. And you are unable to extend it via an extender

4-what is the best gimbal? or should i upgrade to phantom 2 kit with the 3d axis?
If you MUST be on a budget, the easiest gimbal to setup would be the walkera G-2D gimbal.

loving the footage and the fun of flying the drone, looking to improve the footage stability and range of the camera, this thing goes so high the camera cuts out :-(

Whats a class 10 card and how do i find out what class my card is, anyone know any good mobile TP links repeaters to use that dont need modification to use a good aerial and have there own battery that work ok with the fc40. just after a simple but pretty good repeater set up to use really but seems no body has a mobile one with its own battery that has a decent aerial on it. Dont mind getting a homebase one if i know what sort of battery could power it.been looking at these on ebay, 6dBi Ant TP-Link TL-WR703N WiFi N G Mini Wireless Router Repeater OpenWRT USB 3G. Anyone know if this will be any good.

leekiya said:
Whats a class 10 card and how do i find out what class my card is, anyone know any good mobile TP links repeaters to use that dont need modification to use a good aerial and have there own battery that work ok with the fc40. just after a simple but pretty good repeater set up to use really but seems no body has a mobile one with its own battery that has a decent aerial on it. Dont mind getting a homebase one if i know what sort of battery could power it.been looking at these on ebay, 6dBi Ant TP-Link TL-WR703N WiFi N G Mini Wireless Router Repeater OpenWRT USB 3G. Anyone know if this will be any good.

you can tell the class of your card by looking at it.
it will have a number inside of a C
see below for example
487824826_970.jpg

Ahh i have looked and mine is only a class 4, so might need to upgrade the memory card i think.

tobbe said:
I tried network repeater wich was a random thing to make it work,,
I did the external antenna mod, wich was a utter piece of fake mod, leaving me With a big piece of copper wire as a antenna, on the outside, but hey at least it Works again.

I also wanna have some fpv that is not like 1000$

Hi,
I am interesting in the Camera external antenna mod. I opened up my camera, and here is the main board, can you tell me which is the antenna?
Thankyou!

Attachments

• IMG_3998.jpg
    IMG_3998.jpg
    452.5 KB · Views: 358
LRPLIN said:
tobbe said:
I tried network repeater wich was a random thing to make it work,,
I did the external antenna mod, wich was a utter piece of fake mod, leaving me With a big piece of copper wire as a antenna, on the outside, but hey at least it Works again.

I also wanna have some fpv that is not like 1000$

Hi,
I am interesting in the Camera external antenna mod. I opened up my camera, and here is the main board, can you tell me which is the antenna?
Thankyou!

see this thread
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=18388

I bought an extra camera for this mod, but I do not see where it works as advertised in that thread. Also, nobody posted any positive results, except the original poster. I have no idea what the problem was and I did everything correctly with the soldering. My remote is modified and has extreme range, and I modified my tablet with an antenna which works great as well. The last thing to do was to modify the camera which did not work, but luckily I was careful and put it all back together and works like it did before. Considering having 2 cameras on the quad to have 2 different views while I fly :D

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dosserdd