What FPV distance do you average unmodified with FCC enabled

Reaction score
I'm wondering those who own the Phantom 2 Vision+ Plus (without Modification other than switching to FCC and turning the screw on back of RC) - what are your longest distance averaging in at?

Thus far I am yet to travel more than 600m from take off point.

Re: What distance do you average - unmodified with FCC enabl

2900ft.

Add VPFlyers app took it to 4300ft.

Btw, I began getting a lot of lost connection and a few lost signals starting at 1900ft. Then again and more often at 2,450ft. And I stopped for fear at 2946ft.

Re: What FPV distance do you average unmodified with FCC ena

Sorry - I meant FPV - or visually onscreen distance with the DJI app ... no mods and just using the software as instructed in the DJI manual.

I'll look at that app all the same - just trying to work with what I have - Thanks all the same - sounds like you have a good angle on it all.

Have many meters was that again? lol - 883.92 METERS

The furthest I've flown LOS, though I couldn't see it, was 920m 150m high and had no loss of signal or fpv. I do however use the booster app.

I flew yesterday on a moist humid day and forgot to use the booster app. I didn't go far enough to lose the signal but it got choppy and very laggy at ~455 meters in a rural area flying over fields, trees and a few houses.

I've never really attempted a range test nor flown very far without using the WiFi booster app so I can't really say how far I could get without it.
With WiFi strength boosted though ....

The furthest I've gone was close to 800 meters. 798 meters if I remember right and I lost the WiFi feed but still had TX when I triggered failsafe. But that was on the beach, wide open space, no interference and no obstructions.
Average is hard to pick out when you fly in different places but the place I fly most often is around my home and I generally don't have any problem out to 500-600 meters. I have been out almost 700 meters once where I lost WiFi but not control.

Completely unmodified hardware wise. No aftermarket antennas or coke can reflectors. Just increasing the Phantom FC200 camera wifi signal to 13dBm.

On stock I flew to 300m ... Instead of the Booster App, I modified the txpower to 15dBm using the following command to run at boot all the times.

iw phy phy0 set txpower fixed 1500

After the above changes flew 400m first time, then 600m, then 722m and finally 800m @ 50m altitude today

asoa said:
On stock I flew to 300m ... Instead of the Booster App, I modified the txpower to 15dBm using the following command to run at boot all the times.

After the above changes flew 400m first time, then 600m, then 722m and finally 800m @ 50m altitude today

I understand nothing of what you just said. Plz explain (like I'm a two-year-old ;)).

1616 meter
Attitude 134 meter
Stock with booster app

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 626

Passes out a dummy for the two year old and goes with keeping altitude in mind. Good spec I have neglecting to consider. Thanks for the reply asoa.

Nice screen shot!

Re: What distance do you average - unmodified with FCC enabl

flyNfrank said:
2900ft.

Add VPFlyers app took it to 4300ft.

Btw, I began getting a lot of lost connection and a few lost signals starting at 1900ft. Then again and more often at 2,450ft. And I stopped for fear at 2946ft.

These flights were with video. I would not fly without video at any distance.

3139.44m with no app using 2.4Ghz flat panel antenna....got a little sketchy at the end.... :mrgreen:

asoa said:

Just to clarify, am I not a total noob, but enough of one when it comes to stuff like this.

Do I just load up an SSH terminal on my Android, connect to the gateway IP while connected to the range extender with the pw 19881209? Username is admin or root?

Then I just paste in the following command right?

It's that simple?

cahutch said:
Pasting that command will only temporarily change your power until you power off.
For permanent change you need to edit that command into the startup script.

Is that the /etc/rc.local file?

OK. Right out of the box without any modifications the maximum I flew was 300m
Then I modified the transmitting power of the Phantom to 15dBm from default 3dBm ..
After that first time flew to 400m, second time flew to 600m, third time flew to 722m and fourth time flew to 800m. I had FPV even up to 800m.

Wally said:
asoa said:

I understand nothing of what you just said. Plz explain (like I'm a two-year-old ;)).

Connect to Phantom's IP which is 192.168.1.1 to make the changes

ilovecoffee said:
asoa said:

Just to clarify, am I not a total noob, but enough of one when it comes to stuff like this.

Do I just load up an SSH terminal on my Android, connect to the gateway IP while connected to the range extender with the pw 19881209? Username is admin or root?

Then I just paste in the following command right?

It's that simple?

Yes. ur right. It is the /etc/rc.local file

ilovecoffee said:
cahutch said:
Pasting that command will only temporarily change your power until you power off.
For permanent change you need to edit that command into the startup script.

Is that the /etc/rc.local file?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.