What FPS to film in

Reaction score
If i video in 720p or 1080p what fps is it best for me to film in. I will not be doing any editing or cropping it down to make it better or anything. I will just be filming and then putting it onto a pendrive and watching it on my TV some in the house are 1080p and some 720p. cheers guys, just dont know anything about the lower or faster fps settings. Only ever filmed at 720p 30fps cos that all i can at moment. So this new camera is probably going to be a big step up for me.

FPS stands for "Frames per second". If you are going to slow down the footage in post, a higher frame rate is better. If you are going to leave the footage the same speed in post, a higher frame rate will only take up more space.

Ok so if i am not going to slow it down or anything and im just going to watch it on TV then filming at 60fps wont be any better than 30fps.

If you have enough space on your memory storage..higher fps setting will yield a smoother video, especially when you are doing some fast action video.

My opinion: If the camera isn't moving fast, and nothing in the scene is moving fast, then 30 fps is fine. For fast motion (either of camera or things in the scene), 60 fps is nicer.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers