What Flight Controller does the PV use??

Reaction score
So as I am learning (without having a PV) it seem as the PV has a different flight controller than the original Naza-M or Naza-M v2. What flight controller does it use? I am sure there are people that have already cracked it open to see what is inside. It seems like the PV flight controller isn't as intuitive as the latest Naza-M v2 since it does not have things like IOC, range fence, and other features that are available.

Is it just a dumbed down flight controller or later down the road with all the firmware updates will it be as diverse as the Naza-M v2?

Anyone know the answer to this one?
I've scoured the DJI site, but cannot find the answer. As the OP points out, the missing features are a concern.

I hope that it is the v2. It will be so much nicer to do IMU calibrations, transmitter and motor speed settings whatever, like you do with the assistant PC software on a future iPhone or iPad app.

netphreak said:
It does use a NAZA v2, just with different firmware.
So it would seem that you guys pioneering the way with the PF, have actually topped up with a type of Naza Lite.
Even my Naza v1 [with the new firmware] offers many more features.

I have a suspicion that DJI have decided to release the P2V with a basic feature set initially in order to have a charge-and-fly-out-of-the-box experience for newcomers. Judging by the number of P2V videos flooding into YouTube it would seem they did the right thing. We do know an update is coming to add IOC features, and those who like to tinker will be plugging their aircraft in and updating with alacrity. However for most users I suspect they will be quite happy to keep things stock (bar critical updates), buzz around their neighbourhood having a great time happy that if they go too far or forget to put fresh batteries in the Tx their P2V will come home like a well-trained puppy.

I wouldn't be surprised if they added selectable GPS, ATTI mode and maybe even full manual at a later date, but it looks like they are dripping features in rather than giving people a flood of options on day one with which to get themselves in trouble...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj