What firmware version do I have?

Reaction score
New user here. Waiting for my PV2 arrive in the next few days. I'm wondering how I can tell what firmware versions my PV2 and controller have. I don't want to attempt an upgrade if it isn't necessary. Since I just purchased the unit I would hope that it has the latest versions necessary, but I want to be able to check it some how.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Two Suggestions.
I am pretty new too, :D but look around and use the search function before posting if possible, it will save you time.
Suggestion 2, here is a link viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4394 to the great post by others that answers your question in detail with pictures and how to that, will get you up and running, hopefully without a flaw!

Best of luck.

Thanks! I have seen the thread you linked too, and in the first paragraph is reads "Phantom Vision's shipped after December 6, 2013 will likely already be upgraded." It's the "likely" part I want to be able to confirm. How can I check if my PV2 has been upgraded without going in and attempting to upgrade is what I'm trying to find an answer to.

If the answer to my question is buried within that thread I'll try and find it, but so far I've had no luck.

Most likely your P2V will NOT have the latest firmware, because at
least two of the updates came out after yours was shipped.

And, when it was made is probably the controlling date, not when
it was shipped from a dealer (who most likely did not open the box).

However, that firmware update is easily done using the PV Assistant
program, either for a PC or a Mac.

The RC Transmitter might be up to date, or sufficiently updated,
but I do not know if one can determine that without connecting it
to the RC Assistant on a Windows PC, which might require opening
it up to connect a micro-USB cable.

Hello and welcome!

One way to quickly have a look at what you might have is to fire up the aircraft and load the Vision app on your phone. Once connected as per the user manual if you go to Settings>About it will give you the firmware of the app, the camera and the NAZA-M (which is the flight controller in the aircraft). If the NAZA-M is showing anything other than the latest version as reported on the DJI Vision website then you should plug in to the Assistant as outlined above for the update process. If your app shows you have the latest version then you should be good to go out of the box.

Don't be frightened of plugging into the Assistant - it's a useful thing to do regularly in any case to check on the health of your battery and the health of your IMU and transmitter calibrations.

Hope this helps!

Or simply just connect it to the assistant and it will show you what version you have, and if any never version it will ask you if you want to update. So you can just say no if you don't want to update.

I missed checking my camera version. I need to do that by
using the DJI-Vision app, as suggested.

DJI's table of current versions is at the bottom of their web page here:
http://www.dji.com/download/phantom-2-vision-downloads/
and it lists the camera as 1.1.8

However, it lists the DJI-Vision app for Android as 1.0.34 which is obsolete,
since version 1.0.37 is now the latest.

It makes one wonder about the other entries.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.