Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

What file name do you get with your Vision + ?

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Discussion' started by mauizoom, Dec 18, 2014.

1. mauizoom

I recently got a new Vision+ (ver 3), my old one I had since April took a leave of absence...

I noticed changes how the file names of the DJI camera get handled.
    On my first Vision, I got in Jan. the file names always start with DJI00001.JPG.
    After a restart, or formatting the sd card, the file names will start at 00001 again.
    This was a bit annoying, for archiving pictures.

My first Vision + kept counting, it started at 00001 and even after inserting a new card, the file names would keep advancing.
    I ended up at 1400 after 6 months.

Now here is my question, how come my brand new Vision+ ver3 has a file name of DJI01066.JPG for the first picture I took ?

Shouldn't it be DJI00001.JPG ?

Any thoughts on this ?

2. PhilD13

I don't know the answer but for reference mine started at 847 (DJI00847.dng) for the first photo. I did not think much of it and I have not checked to see if anything was different after formatting the card.

3. BlackTracer

I am thinking they may have flashed the firmware at the factory with a version that had a count in it already, by mistake/inadvertently. For instance, the count may be stored in a config file they read and write to. If they used a version of that config file that already had a count in it (from testing possibly), you would get a "start" count of whatever is in that file. Not the end of the world. As long as it is incrementing from flight to flight, no harm no foul.

4. Larry L

Mine started at DJI0001.