What file name do you get with your Vision + ?

Reaction score
I recently got a new Vision+ (ver 3), my old one I had since April took a leave of absence...

I noticed changes how the file names of the DJI camera get handled.
On my first Vision, I got in Jan. the file names always start with DJI00001.JPG.
After a restart, or formatting the sd card, the file names will start at 00001 again.
This was a bit annoying, for archiving pictures.

My first Vision + kept counting, it started at 00001 and even after inserting a new card, the file names would keep advancing.
I ended up at 1400 after 6 months.

Now here is my question, how come my brand new Vision+ ver3 has a file name of DJI01066.JPG for the first picture I took ?

Shouldn't it be DJI00001.JPG ?

Any thoughts on this ?

I don't know the answer but for reference mine started at 847 (DJI00847.dng) for the first photo. I did not think much of it and I have not checked to see if anything was different after formatting the card.

I am thinking they may have flashed the firmware at the factory with a version that had a count in it already, by mistake/inadvertently. For instance, the count may be stored in a config file they read and write to. If they used a version of that config file that already had a count in it (from testing possibly), you would get a "start" count of whatever is in that file. Not the end of the world. As long as it is incrementing from flight to flight, no harm no foul.

Mine started at DJI0001.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers