What feature will make you upgrade to P4 ?

If you can't frame a shot at 1x what makes you think you can do it at 2x or 10x? There is no focus so there is no need to digital zoom. I stand by my statement that digital zoom on the DJI camera is worthless.
Ok I will explain my reasoning.

The actual video you get on the screen when you fly is not what you get on the camera. So truly you are framing a shot at 720 not 4k. So a form of digital zoom could be employed that would allow you to see a section of that 4K image in 720p (That is effectively digital zoom). There are times when you shoot a 4K video and don't see nuances that you will see when you have the full video in post.

Currently we see the entire image 720p. I think it would be useful to be able to pick a section of the full 4K image for view in 720p while we fly. In my opinion that would be helpful. And while it wouldn't change the actual video it would allow you to better frame a shot and in that sense it would not be useless for me.

YMMV

I'd sure like to know where everyone is hearing these rumors. Are you guys making this stuff up? I'm frothing at the mouth for P4! You're torturing me! ;)

I'd sure like to know where everyone is hearing these rumors. Are you guys making this stuff up? I'm frothing at the mouth for P4! You're torturing me! ;)

Isn't that basically the definition of a rumor :)

I'm fine with the range of the advanced and pro. What I want is a gimbal with zero leveling issues and a shell that does not crack. Basically a p4 that works as stated and stays working without me giving the shell a good look under light after every flight.

I just found litchi AND Litchi leash on IOS.

I may give it a try.
Litchi on IOS is $14.99

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
according to the litchi web site the " follow " is only for android... and that is where " leash " is opted...

There is a thread here somewhere about it... but it looks like a Phantom 3 Version 2.0 is the big news. Claims to have a better shell and redesigned more powerful motors. A RC dealer told this guy to wait. I did find this from a European dealer and another website. Perhaps I'm wrong but its food for thought as that is what they touted with the inspire 1

DJI Phantom 3 Professional Quadcopter

Those were some great features you guys mentioned, I'd also like to see a tracker built in and also a device like the Yuneec has that looks like a little remote they call a the wizard the that you can put in your pocket for follow me capability

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I'm fine with the range of the advanced and pro. What I want is a gimbal with zero leveling issues and a shell that does not crack. Basically a p4 that works as stated and stays working without me giving the shell a good look under light after every flight.

Sounds like my P3A that I bought in June 2015. It's rock solid. Can't say that for the P3P I bought before it in May though. It had leveling issues even after being "repaired" by DJi twice. I sold the P3P.

The avoidance stuff really doesn't appeal to me. Sure it's cool but what would I use it for? I like to get out there and fly. I don't much care for having a multirotor following me around. Think about it, VPS has always been a bit quirky on these P3's a lot of people including me turn it off. You think DJi's not gonna have some massive bugs with collision avoidance?

Last edited:
I think there is more than a good chance DJI will announce they are diversifying .... even more into hand-held imagining, with far better 3-axis stabilization.
They may have hit their aerial "ceiling" now.
Usually at this stage, a superb German engineering company will enter the picture with an aerial machine that will be the BMW/Porsche of the art.
And China will be off to the next pie-in-the-sky consumer development project.
But, we'll see if that model holds up ....

For me in order to upgrade to a possible P4 I would want to have some or all of the following:

.Longer battery life, at least a full 30 minutes with 30% battery left
.When recording in 4K (for those with 4K option) to be able to record the video in 1 single file not split by the 4gb limit which is currently in the phantom itself
.Different colors
.Some type of obstacle avoidance tech
.And last but not least, something in the 20+ megapixel range for stills, because 12 megapixels in 2016 and with a 4K capable camera, really?, cameras with 12 megapixels were available since 2008 if I remember correctly, we are talking at least 8 years ago, we need more megapixels for stills

I don't think the litchi leash will work on the iOS becaus there up is no follow me capability

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I think a better camera or the ability to change cameras to maybe a flir for folks who do search and rescue. Definitely a more robust platform that can survive a crash from a few feet off the ground. Quick disconnect props that folks can't have fly off, collision avoidance would be nice or a built in tracking devise in case of loss or flyaway. I think that would be a good start.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.