What fails first - 5.8GHz control or 2.4GHz feed?

Reaction score
There's been lots of talk on this -- but I thought it'd be interesting to summarise everyone's results, and see what variation there is...

So - stock P2V, before you mod it, which craps out first, the video / telemetry 2.4GHz feed or do you get a clear "control signal lost" message in the video stream first?!

So -- for me, before mods, the 5.8GHz control feed always failed first.

What about everyone else?

Guess it depends a lot on on the flying environment. 2.4 will penetrate obstructions better than 5.8. If there are any obstructions for example.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Madwak said:
Depends whether you are using CE mode or FCC mode on the controller.

Well, I assume everyone is using FCC mode... :)

Meluk said:
Guess it depends a lot on on the flying environment. 2.4 will penetrate obstructions better than 5.8. If there are any obstructions for example.

True... But if you are flying line of sight - in in sight! - that will not be very important.
5.8GHz will also suffer more attenuation in damp air.
However, most folk that I've noticed commenting, seem to have the 2.4 drop out first. Hence asking the question!

gpauk said:
[

True... But if you are flying line of sight - in in sight! - that will not be very important.
5.8GHz will also suffer more attenuation in damp air.
However, most folk that I've noticed commenting, seem to have the 2.4 drop out first. Hence asking the question!

I always had 2.4 wifi video drop out around 800-1000ft before my fpvlr 1/2 dome my control has always been good out to min of 4000ft Got 1.1 miles the other day with 5.8 control though

2.4 pretty much always failed first for me. So I added antennas to the repeater and have had fpv working to up to 7000'. But I've had the 5.8 work out to a max of well over 9000'.

For a STOCK unit, I believe DJI has the Video feed distance formally rated at much less distance than the transmitter/control distance.

My video feed used to drop out always before at about 500-900' I hVe a better antenna on now and it now drops at about 1500-1700' my tx still hasn't gone to fail safe, I've no idea how far it will go.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers