What FAA registration number did you get?

Hey, that was my posted idea, back when they first announced this entire fiasco! Great minds think alike!:p

Shouldn't that be devious minds think alike? LOL, great idea tho...

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Yes, I am aware of that. You will have to link my response to the post I was responding to for it to fully make sense.
Someone said if I denied owning the crashed drone, they could prove that I was lying when the feds asked me to produce my drone - implying that the single drone I owned was in their hands.
My response was that I have over two dozen aircraft that are all registered under a single registration number (actually I'm registered, not the drones/planes), so it would take my fingerprints on the crashed drone to actually prove it was mine.

Guess I am wiping my drones down and flying with gloves from now on...lol

Drone Hoarders Anonymous meets every Tuesday at St. Lutheran's Church on 5th St at noon. Don't be late! ;) The Fixed Wing RC Aircraft Anonymous meets there on Thursdays at noon. Great coffee and donuts! :cool:

Yeah, but Drone Hoarders have fly their birds over the coffee table to snag their donuts remotely, takes some serious pilot skills and a few spare batteries to get more than one donut....

Has anyone taken a screen shot of your electronic certificate?

Yeah, I took a screen shot of mine. It's my phone's wallpaper now. Won't have trouble finding it should I get stopped.

I understand that aluminum foil is particularly comfortable this time of year.
Well, yeah, but if you press it too tight to your head to keep warm, the little aluminum needles can penetrate even further into your brain and transmit even more of your thoughts to the NSA and the aliens. You can see the power needed to fly in winter conditions increased, which some attribute to reduced battery power, but really it's the aliens sucking it both out of your head and your battery. Don't believe the lies, sheeple!

Has anyone taken a screen shot of your electronic certificate?
Yes, I did. My iPad is not cellular capable. The image is so I can show it, if confronted by law enforcement. Digital is acceptable way to show. If it is on the same iPad I control with, I always have it with me.

If you do sumpthin' stupid , like crash into a crowd, it would be cheaper to be unregistered and take it as a loss. Gotta be crazy to follow another ridiculous regulation that is all about money and control.Just sayin'.

If you do sumpthin' stupid , like crash into a crowd, it would be cheaper to be unregistered and take it as a loss. Gotta be crazy to follow another ridiculous regulation that is all about money and control.Just sayin'.
Yeah, only the really dumb a** pilot would have registered so the police can return his crashed drone to him, should it crash into the crowd he was recklessly flying over! :rolleyes: But, heh, he saved $5 by registering early! :p

LoL guys you might as well give us your credit card numbers too if you're gonna tell us your registration numbers.

I'm gonna put some random guys drone number on a drone and crash it at an airport or military base.

But seriously, what if like my roommate got drunk and took my drone and did something really stupid like going to an airport or cut someone's face? Is there recourse if your drone got stolen or just taken without your permission?

LoL guys you might as well give us your credit card numbers too if you're gonna tell us your registration numbers.

I'm gonna put some random guys drone number on a drone and crash it at an airport or military base.

But seriously, what if like my roommate got drunk and took my drone and did something really stupid like going to an airport or cut someone's face? Is there recourse if your drone got stolen or just taken without your permission?

Yep, just like when your roommate takes your car and plows it into a line of children waiting to get on the bus. It's called an 'investigation'. The police / FAA and CNN will ask you lots of questions. Several times in fact. If your roommates fingerprints are all over the RC and the Phantom, if your cell phone says that you were in Los Vegas at the time and your RM's cell phone was triangulated six blocks from the airport, well, then you're probably off the hook.

Sure you can come up with a bunch of horror edge cases where you end up in Guantanamo Bay being water boarded, but you can be dragged through the system in a lot of ways. The mother of one of those kids at the bus stop thinks you stared at her Precious for too long a time ....

Life can be so annoying at times.

FA3WRR****
I have no idea how they generate these "numbers" but a brother label registration number resides on the flat sides of my landing gear. I also have my cell number on the battery compartment, and a Marco Polo tracker on the back leg. I'm so much safer now!;)

I got FA LA LA LA LALA LA LA.........Must have been the season.

Yeah, but Drone Hoarders have fly their birds over the coffee table to snag their donuts remotely, takes some serious pilot skills and a few spare batteries to get more than one donut....
I got it own to a science. I get my donut, then dunk it in my coffee....just need to work on getting it close enough to my face without trimming my eyebrows?

Reactions: Damocleez
I got it own to a science. I get my donut, then dunk it in my coffee....just need to work on getting it close enough to my face without trimming my eyebrows?
LOL...Not to mention your nose hairs could get buzzed too...

Registering was so easy even I could do it. Simple, easy to understand instructions. Plus the $5 fee will be credited back to your cc if you register before Feb. 16th. (best to check the site to make sure of the date.) I'm totally new to drones, but I'm going to jump right on the $499 sale price. Fly safe, and be happy.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl