What does this mean?

Reaction score
today before my flight had a few error messages.. They flashed up on the screen I can't remember exactly how they were worded but something like this.

Bad or Too much compass noise restart... The second was MS card error..

I restarted twice and they cleared.

I am not running the latest firmware. I still have the second last updates.

I did a 2 km out and 5 km total flight straight after absolutely fine!

Just a bit of advice, it's not very wise to do a 2km after a warning flashes up that you can't remember exactly what it was. Landing straight away and doing full calibration and firmware updates would be a much better idea. If you lose your p3 because you didn't heed warnings I'm afraid you won't have a leg to stand on. Update, calibrate and fly a few batteries close by to make sure everything is ok before doing flights like that again

Reactions: Turbazz
Just a bit of advice, it's not very wise to do a 2km after a warning flashes up that you can't remember exactly what it was. Landing straight away and doing full calibration and firmware updates would be a much better idea. If you lose your p3 because you didn't heed warnings I'm afraid you won't have a leg to stand on. Update, calibrate and fly a few batteries close by to make sure everything is ok before doing flights like that again

I didnt Head out straightaway. I observed how the Phantom was flying,and when I was happy with it and all was okay i flew out. Obviously I am aware of what you're telling me thanks.

Does anybody know what the errors mean

Last edited:
Reactions: Mal_PV2_Ireland
? means question

Too much compass noise ( your in a bad area with disturbance )

MS card error ( Your SD card has an error do a scan on your computer )

Google Makes me Smart!

? means question

Too much compass noise ( your in a bad area with disturbance )

MS card error ( Your SD card has an error do a scan on your computer )

Google Makes me Smart!

Thanks!

We should sign out from this forum and just use Google, hopefully if we all do it this site will close down soon.

Psht Americans ey! Lol

Nah its ok now I know what it means and so will others! I did kind of assume it meant that just needed reassurance.

It would have been a MSU_card error which means put it on the ground and go through the Compass Calibration whether it says it needs it or not. You were extremely lucky to not have had a fly-away.

It would have been a MSU_card error which means put it on the ground and go through the Compass Calibration whether it says it needs it or not. You were extremely lucky to not have had a fly-away.

I think it May have picked some interference up? When i restarted it, I was in more open ground.

How would this have been a fly way? I restarted it then the message cleared. then i checked it out in flight for a few mins. All was fine so I continued

I think it May have picked some interference up? When i restarted it, I was in more open ground.

How would this have been a fly way? I restarted it then the message cleared. then i checked it out in flight for a few mins. All was fine so I continued
Yeah not sure why he eluded that you did anything wrong... Its not fair for a 1500 product to have an error, you do what it SAYS to fix it, and then it works, then fly it, but somehow you did something wrong? It's absurd the bugs that are coming up with the new update. Infuriating.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj