What documents do you carry with you?

Reaction score
Obviously I have my little card I printed off from my FAA registration, but do you guys keep any other documents in your cases when you are out flying somewhere?

I was thinking along the lines of the "photographers rights" document, anything regarding FAA rules, interfering with operation of an aircraft, etc etc.

Maybe we could all compile a list here to share for everyone. Let me know what you guys think!

I carry quite a few documents with me just to cover every eventuality
FAA registration
Insurance
50 dollars (for a bribe , usually works)
Pepper spray (just in case it doesn't)
Shopping list ( from the wife)
And lastly a letter from the president giving me permission to fly where I like and sell photos to who I like
I don't think I've missed anything

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I carry quite a few documents with me just to cover every eventuality
FAA registration
Insurance
50 dollars (for a bribe , usually works)
Pepper spray (just in case it doesn't)
Shopping list ( from the wife)
And lastly a letter from the president giving me permission to fly where I like and sell photos to who I like
I don't think I've missed anything

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Lol at 50.00 and pepper spray!

Are we required to carry any papers ?? [ Like FAA] ??

We aren't required too, but at times it may come to be a help. An example being the photographers rights card I mentioned. People will sometimes walk up and tell you that photographing a building or a landmark, or whatever, is prohibited by law, when actually it is not. Here is that document:

http://www.krages.com/ThePhotographersRight.pdf

I was thinking that maybe others had found some documents that outline laws regarding our hobby, and we could present them if ever approached by someone, be it authority or not, if we are ever approached and told what *they think* the law is.

Reactions: SteveH
I keep the following in an electronic folder on my phone:
  • FAA Registration card
  • AMA Membership card (temporary, still deciding if its worth joining)
  • AMA Safety Code
  • FAA Document "LAW ENFORCEMENT GUIDANCE FOR SUSPECTED UNAUTHORIZED UAS OPERATIONS" (So I can show to any LEO that comes by)
  • FAA Document "Guidance for UAS ATCT Notification Calls" (So I can explain the process to tower operators that dont know)
  • State of Tennessee Public Chapter 876 (So I can show LEO the actual laws of the state)

Question for those that carry the FAA Registration card.. The FAA states that the registration tag is to be on the aircraft.. Why do you also carry it with you?
Doesn't the reg say that the number must be on the craft, card in your possession?

FAA registration number on aircraft. The Registration card on my phone in the drone registration folder. CCW permit, Drivers License and $5.00

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj