What do you use your phantom for?

• Video and Photo

Votes: 79 92.9%
  • Visual exploration (no recording)

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Other

Votes: 5 5.9%

• Total voters
I agree, a decent flight SIM is almost mandatory. Is the Microsoft SIM the one with the large joystick? That looks like fun. Atleast with RealFlight, you can use your own Spektrum RC. It just takes some setting up, I have been enjoying RealFlight 6.5 for a couple few years, and recently picked up the RealFlight Drone Flight SIM. Check it out, www.realflight.com/drone .
This is a valuable tool to teach youngsters the RC basics, too.

RedHotPoker

I love getting "birds eye view" of just about everything. I started with my house, then my brothers beach house, and can't wait to find more picture locations. I've never had an easier, or higher quality platform to work with. I've crashed twice, both times doing things I shouldn't do. You get a little complacent with position mode. The first crash was in the back yard, I lost gps and quickly tried to trim some roses with it. Didn't work.
My new love is finding remote locations, and testing the ceiling height of the phantom pro. So far, only got it up 1000 feet before losing the transmitter signal. Will have to try aftermarket antenna.
Anybody find a good one? Thanks!

I agree, a decent flight SIM is almost mandatory. Is the Microsoft SIM the one with the large joystick? That looks like fun. Atleast with RealFlight, you can use your own Spektrum RC. It just takes some setting up, I have been enjoying RealFlight 6.5 for a couple few years, and recently picked up the RealFlight Drone Flight SIM. Check it out, www.realflight.com/drone .
This is a valuable tool to teach youngsters the RC basics, too.

RedHotPoker
YES, This uses a joystick of which there are many types and brands on the market. I am still using a Microsoft Force Feedback 2 which they no longer sell. I have used it since 2004 when i bought my first simulator. Several new versions have been released with the latest being FSX which I have used since it came out in 2006. Its probably the most realistic flight simulator you can get next to the 1 million dollar simulators that airlines use. Thanks for heads up on realflight.

One of the most fun and difficult parts of these newer realflight versions are the challenges. You fly various courses trying to best the ticking timer, to complete the different tasks. What a hoot.
Now with my recent acquisition of the Lume Cube Phantom 3 drone light kit, I can happily add night videography and dusk to dawn drone photograph hunter, to my Repertoire or portfolio. Hahaha

RedHotPoker

Last edited:
We flay for recreation. The problems is the wife is getting better than me with each flight ........

I just enjoy the flying and videos I can make. They don't do anything or mean anything to anyone but me. Some are cool and pretty to look at depending on the time of day and what you capture. Once you have seen a few you have seen them all but they are still fun. Have been doing it for years but still enjoy the flying ... Especially being able to bring her back home. I get a few but check tightening once in a while when a battery acts up or I have a pilot error malfunction and I'm sure you guy know what I mean.. To close to something like a tree or drag the water. It's all fun and I'll do it over and over again. Just one word... ENJOY!!!!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj