What do you think?

Reaction score
Getting better at flying but I'm just terrible at editing. So here is my first edited video and I'm wondering what advise could be given to make it better. If you have suggestions to make the video better that's welcome too.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Good work, love it! My advice would be make it shorter, anything you upload online these days needs to be 3 mins max. Your viewer only needs to see a few seconds of each clip to make it more gripping and exciting.
Cut each clip to the beat of the music. Don't use lift/elevator music. There's loads of great tunes you can use on YouTube if you search copyright free music.

Great flying though! :)

What editing? It was a one-take video. I'll compliment the smooth moves. That takes some skill that you don't see in most aerial video. But that elevator music - I was fighting off the yawns after only a minute.

What editing? It was a one-take video. I'll compliment the smooth moves. That takes some skill that you don't see in most aerial video. But that elevator music - I was fighting off the yawns after only a minute.
The music is my #1 worst enemy. I hate trying to find music for this stuff. I'll start referring to my daughter who is gifted at that sort of thing.

The editing was chopping the first and last part of the video.. LOL.. yeah, takes a lot of skill there.. I thought about in the middle speeding up the video pace so get from point to point better but I just need to figure out what works and what doesn't.

Good work, love it! My advice would be make it shorter, anything you upload online these days needs to be 3 mins max. Your viewer only needs to see a few seconds of each clip to make it more gripping and exciting.
Cut each clip to the beat of the music. Don't use lift/elevator music. There's loads of great tunes you can use on YouTube if you search copyright free music.

Great flying though! :)
Yeah, I hate the music too.. ugh..

I think Steve has a point. One of the biggest parts of editing is reducing your footage down to a handful of shots. In my editing process, a 15 minute flight will be reduced down to about 45 to 60 seconds of usable shots and from that only a few seconds will make the final cut.

And BTW...

This thread is not P3 specific and has been moved to the Video section. Please post in the correct sections.

Any questions, check here: P3 Forum Posting Guidelines

It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum Dronebow. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Phantom quadcopter’s. One tip I would give you is to make your title descriptive. Your current title does not give the viewer any idea of what it is. Your current title should be in the body of the post with the video. And I and right there with you when it comes to adding a soundtrack. I spend a fair amount of my time on it when I am editing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31