What do you think?

I shot allot of time lapse video, standard video with either a DSLR, video cam and GoPro 2. I use the GoPro in places that I don't what to either be noticed or Pro gear isn't allowed.
Not to be nosy, but where isn't pro gear allowed? Is it just people concerned about privacy?

Not to be nosy, but where isn't pro gear allowed? Is it just people concerned about privacy?

Some shopping malls, big box stores (no cameras), museums just to name a few. What you photographe/video tape in a public space is one thing as there is no right to privacy but step onto private property then you will permission and or property release from the owner.

Some shopping malls, big box stores (no cameras), museums just to name a few. What you photographe/video tape in a public space is one thing as there is no right to privacy but step onto private property then you will permission and or property release from the owner.
Alright, that makes sense. Where would you put your camera to make sure it didn't get stolen? would you just stand nearby?

Alright, that makes sense. Where would you put your camera to make sure it didn't get stolen? would you just stand nearby?

When I did a time lapse in the mall I found a nice comfortable chair facing down the mall and put GoPro right next to me on cushion so it wasn't that obvious those passing by. Once set it on a table right in front of me but all you could was the tabletop for the entire time lapse. Bad choice of positioning should place it at the end of the table. Also did a time lapse with GP while driving mounted it inside on the windshield.

When with the DSLR with depend on the subject matter but video and time lapse are done on either a tripod or motorized slider. If it's action like skate boarding handheld using a diopter mounted to the LCD and tight up against my eye shooting in 720p 60fps @ 1/60 - 1/500 of a second. Here's a show reel I did back in Dec. at frame 0:20 is one clip done at 720p 60fps and in post I used Twixtor Pro at frames 0:23 for super slow motion off the end jump.

When I did a time lapse in the mall I found a nice comfortable chair facing down the mall and put GoPro right next to me on cushion so it wasn't that obvious those passing by. Once set it on a table right in front of me but all you could was the tabletop for the entire time lapse. Bad choice of positioning should place it at the end of the table. Also did a time lapse with GP while driving mounted it inside on the windshield.

When with the DSLR with depend on the subject matter but video and time lapse are done on either a tripod or motorized slider. If it's action like skate boarding handheld using a diopter mounted to the LCD and tight up against my eye shooting in 720p 60fps @ 1/60 - 1/500 of a second. Here's a show reel I did back in Dec. at frame 0:20 is one clip done at 720p 60fps and in post I used Twixtor Pro at frames 0:23 for super slow motion off the end jump.
Twixtor has been really picky with me recently. What settings do you normally use for 720p 60fps?
I apologize in advance if I'm bombarding you with questions.

I just went back and look at that segment but unfortunately none of the setting were in after Effects so I'll have to redo it and get back to you. The way I set it up there is no wrapping or distortion in any part of that clip.

Reactions: gburkett05
I just went back and look at that segment but unfortunately none of the setting were in after Effects so I'll have to redo it and get back to you. The way I set it up there is no wrapping or distortion in any part of that clip.
Thank you man, I really appreciate the help.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl