What do you do when first battery warning sounds?

Reaction score
I panic and bring it down to ground. Just wondering whether I am wasting a lot of potential flying time. I do not send it miles away and would rather fly it close where I can see it and practice controlling it better.

I am now thinking I could keep on practicing if I kept it down to about 20-30 feet or lower and get a good few extra minutes out of each battery.

I thought there was a second battery warning but it seems from my test indoors (no props) that there is just one that you cannot turn off (apart from turning volume down). At 14% it seemed to lose power, I am guessing that was the auto land sequence kicking in. Does this sound about right?

Does anyone know what sort of height it will auto land from. Does the autoland kick in earlier if it is higher, so can autoland from any height?

Thanks

At 30% just bring it closer in, and then decide if there is any more flying or filming to be done if not land and swap the battery out.

Finish up asap and reel em in... you don't want to keep your lithium ion batteries below 20% for too long anyway.

ps: it depends if you're on a 'mission' or just fooling around too...

Agree with all that posted. First warning, time to take stock on what's going on and how far is she? If I'm after something specific then it's decision time. If not, I usually bring her closer to home and play around until 2nd warning, which is time to land.

I usually come right back and swap out for a fresh battery (especially since I changed my default first warning to 25% :shock: ). On my 20th discharge I kept flying at a close range until it hit 15% and then stayed stationary about 2 feet off the ground until it hit 10%. I then landed and let the props spin at idle until it hit 8%. The manual recommends a basic full discharge every 20 cycles. It doesnt take long to go from 20% to 10% at a low stationary position.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl