Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

What do you carry your kit in?

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Discussion' started by Keeper of Maps, Jul 24, 2014.

1. Keeper of Maps

I'm a new Phantom 2 Vision+ owner and I'm having a lot of fun with it so far. I was wondering what people carry theirs in when heading into the field?

2. Sasquatch

I transport mine in its original white cardboard box. ;) LMAO

Seriously though, there are many threads about cases and comparisons. Here's a recent one:

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=20833

3. andersonpaac

I use a phantom backpack

4. Bigdz

[​IMG]

Vanguard || uprise 48

It's not a design for dji phantom but I can assure you everything fits snug and secured. Plus, it looks a lot better than those squared bulky dji backpacks.

5. UKFlyer

i use this [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkzpskyXQV0[/youtube] More expensive than others but very well made and holds everything solid and fits any phantom which is a bonus if you have other quads.
    UKFlyer

6. andersonpaac

I use the same!

7. Werz

Same here. Very comfortable backpack, too.

8. Keeper of Maps

Thanks for the comments, all! I think I'm going to go with the case in the video, even though it's a bit pricier than other options. :)

Happy flying!

9. EyesofCanadaGoose

I also carry my bird in original box. Travel with it as carry on piece on a plane (put the box in a big TousRus bag to prevent unnecessary attention). The box becomes beaten up by now. I ordered few days ago this: http://www.banggood.com/Backpack-Alumin ... 31810.html. Hope it will suit my needs: car, bike and plane travel. ;)

10. nintendrone64

Attached Files:

11. Mori55

OH MY GOD , not another case thread !!!

12. fastsmiles

I use a backpack, but I'm looking for a case that will hold it with the props on.

13. EyesofCanadaGoose

Ordered my backpack on July 27, got it in Canada on August 7. No tax, not customs "surprises". The backpack is ok. Two cons: there is no protection for camera and gimbal (I'll make something for that from either insulation foam or "mattress" foam...) and the Phantom fits too tight in vertical dimension: the props axis protrude through top protective layer. No big deal, I'll make little cups for them. I also had to move phone clip holder from one shoulder of metal rode to another (just 1/2") to make transmitter fit into the compartment. Pros: very light, can fit 5 batteries and other accessories, fits in airlines carry-on dimensions, nice for hiking or biking, looks like regular carry-on bag (doesn't attract unwanted attention).

Overall for the price it's a good backpack/case.

http://www.banggood.com/Backpack-Alumin ... 31810.html - don't be deceived by word "Aluminum" in the URL. There is no metal parts in this backpack, except for zip slider. :)

14. Alexbar

I carry it on a big shopping Bag of akiabara, most probably i will break gimbal carrying it like taht but i will take the risk ........
    :roll: :mrgreen:

15. nhoover

16. tmc6663

A backpack from goprocases.com, it fits everything necessary for a hike or a plane ride. It is a bit pricey, but worth every penny for your investment. It is a military grade backpack... you won't believe the craftsmanship.

17. denofr

Since I use the wider landing gear for stability the Phantom wont fit in most manufactured cases. I use a plastic crate bought at Walmart with our original insert inside it. Since I still have the landing gear problem I carry the Phantom upside down in it, it fits perfectly. I found that this is actually a great solution since the gimbal is no longer bouncing about and the crate has plenty of room for odds and ends.

18. chrisono

I use a tradecraft hard case, bit more expensive then what i wanted to pay but it works.

19. M.Tigelaar

Hard case :D

Attached Files: