What do you carry in your everyday case/backpack?

+ Trident gum

@Jeff48920,
Your #15. Bubble Level for IMU Calibration. Do you simply store the bubble level for use at the home front,
Or are you actually doing IMU calibrating at the flying fields-locations?
Ah, I'd never do that one or the gimbal cal. Away from a solid & square kitchen counter or very secure table top. And I like to chill the bird down good, well below ambient room temperature before serving up the IMU.

You carry a lot of stuff. Some of which, I personally would find unnecessary at the flight fields, hills and valleys.
And I would also be somewhat nervous of haphazardly misplacing or eventually losing entirely some small part, kit-bit, or tool, when I'm out there, sometimes in a wilderness zone, I may never return to..
So I tend to leave behind every piece and part that I won't Definately use, that goes with the hobby.
Like, I have two 100w chargers, but will only bring one, if thinking of staying longer.
When we fly indoors at the hangar, I can barely have time to fly and charge all four batteries, so may bring one charger and only recharge one. It takes a while for a battery to cool down enough to charge them anyways.
Perhaps you were a Cub~Boy Scout, and believe in being prepared for any emergency. But you could pare down your flight kit, and be less encumbered, far fewer items to be concerned about. YMMV ;-)
I look forward to seeing others kit pics or pack lists.

RedHotPoker

Reactions: Jeff48920
No cutting just electrical tape... Stayed on really well too... Suprisingly.

View attachment 41144
Yeah, you Definately struck on a bright way to strap it all down.
The tape was invisible to me, it blends in so well, in the picture.

I will have to take a good look at mine, in a slightly different way now.

My main concern has been keeping pressure off the antenna & even when that strap was placed underneath them, I still didn't like how the strap was situated over the radio. Under or over the metal rail out back. So placement of the strap how you have so graciously demonstrated, seems like the best solution, all around. No pun intended. Hahaha
What does the strap even accomplish, unless the zipper fails...

RedHotPoker

Last edited:
Yeah, you Definately struck on a bright way to strap it all down.
The tape was invisible to me, it blends in so well, in the picture.

I will have to take a good look at mine, in a slightly different way now.

My main concern has been keeping pressure off the antenna & even when that strap was placed underneath them, I still didn't like how the strap was situated over the radio. Under or over the metal rail out back. So placement of the strap how you have so graciously demonstrated, seems like the best solution, all around. No pun intended. Hahaha
What does the strap even accomplish, unless the zipper fails...

RedHotPoker
Maybe its an idiot proof feature for upside down openers? Seriously though i was worried about the antennas on the radio also and i couldnt see how the strap helped or was needed to keep stuff in place.

Those RC antenna, are built pretty flimsy. Almost too much so, which is suspect. I don't like replacing stuff like that, and would appreciate a better more sturdy set up, for those important parts of a rather costly - expensive radio controller. So being extra careful with our RC, does seem like the only way to treat them, with hopes they don't ever get damaged.. Your method, really does improve the handling...

RedHotPoker

@Jeff48920,
Your #15. Bubble Level for IMU Calibration. Do you simply store the bubble level for use at the home front,
Or are you actually doing IMU calibrating at the flying fields-locations?
Ah, I'd never do that one or the gimbal cal. Away from a solid & square kitchen counter or very secure table top. And I like to chill the bird down good, well below ambient room temperature before serving up the IMU.

You carry a lot of stuff. Some of which, I personally would find unnecessary at the flight fields, hills and valleys.
And I would also be somewhat nervous of haphazardly misplacing or eventually losing entirely some small part, kit-bit, or tool, when I'm out there, sometimes in a wilderness zone, I may never return to..
So I tend to leave behind every piece and part that I won't Definately use, that goes with the hobby.
Like, I have two 100w chargers, but will only bring one, if thinking of staying longer.
When we fly indoors at the hangar, I can barely have time to fly and charge all four batteries, so may bring one charger and only recharge one. It takes a while for a battery to cool down enough to charge them anyways.
Perhaps you were a Cub~Boy Scout, and believe in being prepared for any emergency. But you could pare down your flight kit, and be less encumbered, far fewer items to be concerned about. YMMV ;-)
I look forward to seeing others kit pics or pack lists.

RedHotPoker

Yup. I'm a Boy Scout. Because everything fits so well and so easily accessible, I would rather have most everything with me than not. Most of the time I travel between 30 minutes and a few hours to get to a flight zone.
The circular bubble level is 1 inch in diameter and 1/4 inch tall, it literally takes no space and although I have never had the need to calibrate the IMU except following FW updates, it is possible to need one in the field.
As far as losing small bits, thanks to this battery shaped bits case
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1453209284.446842.jpg

My main concern has been keeping pressure off the antenna & even when that strap was placed underneath them, r
Yeah that was my concern too, when I saw pictures of the straps over the aerials I thought that looks like it'll break them. So I leave them up, lock the strap in place and then fold them down, ensuring they are within the open cut out area of the top foam when it closes.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.