What do you call that thing?

Another woman Vision pilot has named hers "Amelia". Mine is named for another famous aviatrix. I have named mine "Pancho" for the famous pre-war race pilot Florence "Pancho" Barnes. My father used to hang out from time to time at her ranch, "The Happy Bottom Riding Club".

THell said:
Well this is my 3rd major Hobby

First came photography and $25000.00 in gear... I thought Holy crap... at least I am shooting about 20 weddings a year to cover that hobby...

Next came Airsoft.... well there goes another $10,000 in gear guns etc...

then came the Phantom Vision... (well it's almost here) - Christmas Gift. it starts at $1199.00 and well the sky is literally the limit right... Hell I can't even use my new hobby until April.... Currently in Winnipeg the temp is between -4 F to -22 F Fricken BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

To answer your question what to call it....

Call it...... Your Newest Wallet

I've still got the photography thing going, although I do a lot more video work the last couple years...a fair bit for the Premier of the Province west of you (I'm in Regina)...it pays for the toys this mostly retired guy needs. Besides, I can fly the Phantom on the Legislature grounds and around the building with relative impunity...the security folks all know me now.

As for flying in the cold, head over to Cabelas. Grab a one-man hunting blind with/built-in seat (on sale under $100 now) and a lil Buddy propane heater for about $75. I've been flying all but one day this week (I fly FPV, BTW), and I can sit in the blind with the heater going....-24C outside, +18C inside this morning.

It beats the HECK out of sitting in the house bored and wishing you were flying, or flying and freezing your tail off...GREAT investments in the land of ice and snow!!!

BTW...I just call mine "The Quad" or "the UAV"...not very creative, I know....

Mine has become known as the Flying Spaghetti Monster, on account of all the extra wiring I've added :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair