What do you call that thing?

I was going to call it "If only my wife was this much fun", but I decided that it was better not to do so.

Now it's called F13 (got it on Friday the 13th)

PhantomFan said:
Could be worse. I used to own a 32 foot Catalina. Talk about unlimited amounts of money that can be spent! Holy crap. Makes your photography hobby seem like a bargain!

PF

Yup... A boat's a hole in the water you just keep tossing money into... :shock: :shock: :shock:

Gunslinger, PhantomFan...and others... I've been told that "Boat" actually is an acronym for Break Out Another Thousand...!

Yep and yep. No matter how hard I try, I couldn't possibly spend nearly as much money on an R/C "habit" as my wife and I spent on our sailboat in one season, at least here on Long Island. I have no idea what dock space is going for these days, but it used to be $125/foot - and that was YEARS ago. For those who think the cost is low to non-existent in the winter...think again! Hauling and dry dock or in-water storage is also big bucks.

Know what I learned about boats? If you want a boat - JUST RENT ONE! A couple can fly to the Bahamas and bareboat for a week to ten days for what a boat will cost you for 1 summer. My $.02

PF

Topeeka said:
Gunslinger, PhantomFan...and others... I've been told that "Boat" actually is an acronym for Break Out Another Thousand...!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

coloradosky said:
I know that I need to name my P2V, and I'm partial to a female name that is 2 syllables and symbolizes fun, freedom, beauty and doesn't make me look like an idiot when I say "I'm headed out with 'so-and-so' for a little while".... But I can't come up with a name for 'her' after several weeks.....

Sometimes I say 'the Quad', sometimes the Phantom, sometimes the Vision, sometimes the helicopter... It's an identity crisis for sure.

What do you call YOURS?

:?:

In response to my own question, I can now answer with confidence (because the name is on the front bumper):

BIG BROTHER

Can't wait to descend within reach of someone I probably know (that won't reach out and grab) so they can read that it IS Big Brother that's been watching from above... Maybe I should paint it black??

I really thought it was gonna be a girls name. Weird. :oops:

Attachments

• IMG_6620[1].JPG
    IMG_6620[1].JPG
    91.9 KB · Views: 359
I just call it the drone. A client of mine that does UAV R&D for the DOD uses the term in every way possible.

What did you do today? I droned.

What are you doing? Droning.

Where's my money? Don't mess with me, I'll have you droned.

Don't make me drone you.........

My dad has a saying: "If it flies, floats or fu#ks, you're better of renting"

coloradosky said:
coloradosky said:
I know that I need to name my P2V, and I'm partial to a female name that is 2 syllables and symbolizes fun, freedom, beauty and doesn't make me look like an idiot when I say "I'm headed out with 'so-and-so' for a little while".... But I can't come up with a name for 'her' after several weeks.....

Sometimes I say 'the Quad', sometimes the Phantom, sometimes the Vision, sometimes the helicopter... It's an identity crisis for sure.

What do you call YOURS?

:?:

In response to my own question, I can now answer with confidence (because the name is on the front bumper):

BIG BROTHER

Can't wait to descend within reach of someone I probably know (that won't reach out and grab) so they can read that it IS Big Brother that's been watching from above... Maybe I should paint it black??

I really thought it was gonna be a girls name. Weird. :oops:

Very Orwellian of you... :lol: :lol: :lol:

-slinger

Call mine Pegasus for it's unpredictability ...

“Pegasus (Ancient Greek: Πήγασος, Pégasos, Latin Pegasus) is one of the best known mythological creatures in Greek mythology. He is a winged divine stallion usually depicted as pure white in color. He was captured by the Greek hero Bellerophon near the fountain Peirene with the help of Athena and Poseidon. Pegasus allows the hero to ride him to defeat a monster, the Chimera, before realizing many other exploits. His rider, however, falls off his back trying to reach Mount Olympus. Zeus transformed him into the constellation Pegasus and placed him up in the sky.”

I'd fly above the trees. Over the seas in all degrees. To anywhere I please. Oh I want to get away. I want to fly away. Yeah yeah yeah..." ...... :D :D :D

I'm thinking a Firefly reference might be appropriate, as long as the saying "You can't take the sky from me. " is written somewhere. (Sci-fi Geek reference) :) Serenity?

Noël said:
I'd fly above the trees. Over the seas in all degrees. To anywhere I please. Oh I want to get away. I want to fly away. Yeah yeah yeah..." ...... :D :D :D

Seems perfect, doesn't it??? Maybe Lenny was an early Phantom owner AND song-writer! :lol: :lol: :lol:

PF

dkr77573 said:
I'm thinking a Firefly reference might be appropriate, as long as the saying "You can't take the sky from me. " is written somewhere. (Sci-fi Geek reference) :) Serenity?

Amen... Man, I miss FireFly...

-slinger

Pull_Up said:
Shiny...

(Hope we don' get no gorram flyaways)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I suppose I should call my first Phantom "Phoenix" as it has literally risen from the ashes after falling into salt water and frying up and being rebuilt to fly again. :lol:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20