What do the following functions do on Futaba T8FG

Setting auto-Yaw and auto Yaw/roll on the Taranis

I have been testing further with the Taranis, trying to get this auto-yaw and auto- yaw/roll(for circling subject). I believe I am getting close. Here is a video which shows some of my testing.

The first several clips show the auto yaw, where I am doing the yaw with a knob rather than using the stick. Toward the end there are 2 clips which begin to show the aug-yaw/roll for circling a subject. I still need further testing to tighten up the turn a bit but the idea is there. Still playing with the weights to try and get a better circle.(also the wind did not help)

http://youtu.be/ArqLWP721sQ

All of the yaw and roll turns and even the camera pitch in this clip is done with the use of switches and knobs, no aileron or rudder sticks were used(and no children where harmed.. :) ) in the making of this video. So I am using one 3 way switch and one knob. The three way has following settings

up - off
middle - yaw turning is set to the S2 knob so turning that knob counterclockwise and it yaws to left, clockwise and it yaws to right.
down - the above yaw applies but I also add to the S2 knob some roll to send it into a circle.

Anyway here is mixes the screen setting to do this:

I also made 3 voice .wav files so that when the SC switch flips to off the voice will say "Auto YAW turned off". When the switch is flipped to middle it says "Auto Yaw turned on" and when switch is flipped into down position it says " Circle the Wagons".

These .wav files are added to the sd card in the SOUNDS/en directory and these special functions are set for them to play:

So although I admit I still have further refining to do, I believe this mimics those functions you referred to that were set up by Lanwood on the Futaba. (Again, credit to Lanwood for all the labor and expertise he has put into this for the futaba users, it helped me in understanding this logic, and...I bet he is unwittingly directly responsibile for a number of others purchasing the futaba radios because of his willingness to share all of this...he should get a commission). ;) :lol:

Attachments

• Mixes.jpg
    Mixes.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 372
  • Voices.jpg
    Voices.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 354
Re: Setting auto-Yaw and auto Yaw/roll on the Taranis

Khudson7 said:
I have been testing further with the Taranis, trying to get this auto-yaw and auto- yaw/roll(for circling subject). I believe I am getting close. Here is a video which shows some of my testing.

The first several clips show the auto yaw, where I am doing the yaw with a knob rather than using the stick. Toward the end there are 2 clips which begin to show the aug-yaw/roll for circling a subject. I still need further testing to tighten up the turn a bit but the idea is there. Still playing with the weights to try and get a better circle.(also the wind did not help)

http://youtu.be/ArqLWP721sQ

So I am using one 3 way switch and one knob. The three way has following settings

up - off
middle - yaw turning is set to the S2 knob so turning that knob counterclockwise and it yaws to left, clockwise and it yaws to right.
down - the above yaw applies but I also add to the S2 knob some roll to send it into a circle.

Anyway here is mixes the screen setting to do this:

I also made 3 voice .wav files so that when the SC switch flips to off the voice will say "Auto YAW turned off". When the switch is flipped to middle it says "Auto Yaw turned on" and when switch is flipped into down position it says " Circle the Wagons".

These .wav files are added to the sd card in the SOUNDS/en directory and these special functions are set for them to play:

So although I admit I still have further refining to do, I believe this mimics those functions you referred to that were set up by Lanwood on the Futaba. (Again, credit to Lanwood for all the labor and expertise he has put into this for the futaba users, it helped me in understanding this logic, and...I bet he is unwittingly directly responsibile for the sale of a number of the futaba radios because of his willingness to share all of this).

I bought a used Futaba to play with. See how well this works. I want to have the Taranis rx installed with a Y splitter with the stock RX to allow me to chose which radio will send signals to the Phantom.

quality control said:
I bought a used Futaba to play with. See how well this works. I want to have the Taranis rx installed with a Y splitter with the stock RX to allow me to chose which radio will send signals to the Phantom.

Well...GOOD LUCK with that.

quality control said:

I really can't imagine that working. Do let us know how it goes!

quality control said:
I decided through logical switches to assign that to a volume knob for the voice readouts. I find that depending on where I am flying, a volume knob to increase volume would be very handy. Works like a charm!

Mind sharing the setup for that? I'd love to have a knob as volume control.

@Khudson: I've seen and saved all your setup screens above and intend to try them all, including the timer setup you shared (thank you!). I just haven't had much time to play with the Taranis so I hope to play with that later tonight. If I can get some free time when it isn't raining I'll try flying with the yaw/yaw+roll switch setup you posted and I'll see if I can get a sense of the right amount of roll to use.

OI Photography said:
quality control said:
I decided through logical switches to assign that to a volume knob for the voice readouts. I find that depending on where I am flying, a volume knob to increase volume would be very handy. Works like a charm!

@Khudson: I've seen and saved all your setup screens above and intend to try them all, including the timer setup you shared (thank you!). I just haven't had much time to play with the Taranis so I hope to play with that later tonight. If I can get some free time when it isn't raining I'll try flying with the yaw/yaw+roll switch setup you posted and I'll see if I can get a sense of the right amount of roll to use.

The timer function is awesome. It works really all and with the volume knob set to s2 it is very convenient.

In opentx go to the special functions tab. Select switch s2 or the rotary switch of your choice. In the function field select volume. Also select enable.

quality control said:
OI Photography said:
quality control said:

The timer function is awesome. It works really all and with the volume knob set to s2 it is very convenient.

In opentx go to the special functions tab. Select switch s2 or the rotary switch of your choice. In the function field select volume. Also select enable.

Congradulations, Quality_Control, it really sounds like you are getting the hang of the special functions.

I had my volume control set on the RS knob already, as you can see below, and I assume that is what you did as well with the S2 knob:

Also as was mentioned earlier by OI, I have the RSSI readout set to the SH switch so I can flip that at anytime during flight to see if I getting out too far as you can see in above clip(remember a reading of less than 40 or so, and better to bring it back as you are about to lose signal. And you might want to check or adjust the ( as OI said, I too do not remember setting this so this may be the default but you can change the values here if you want to) RSSI warning and Critical warning settings on the telemetry page. This is the setting that will give you voice warnings if your RSSI values are getting too low.

Wow, before long we might even be jumping into the LUA(custom scripting) which IMHO opens up a whole new world of custom programming on the Taranis. But that is for another day.... whew...:eek:

Attachments

• Volume.jpg
    Volume.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 327
  • RSSIAlarm.jpg
    RSSIAlarm.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 346
Finally getting some time now to play with my Taranis. Khudson, since I don't yet quite understand how those settings for the timer (or logical switches in general) work, I'm going to just replicate yours for now. Can I assume that I need to use all the settings shown in your screenshots of that (i.e. are all the settings shown there are part of it)?

OI Photography said:
Finally getting some time now to play with my Taranis. Khudson, since I don't yet quite understand how those settings for the timer (or logical switches in general) work, I'm going to just replicate yours for now. Can I assume that I need to use all the settings shown in your screenshots of that (i.e. are all the settings shown there are part of it)?

Yes, back on the post where I talk about the timer. There are 8 logical switches that need to be set, 3 special functions, and then on the setup screen the timer 1 needs to be set to L7.

That should do it. Let me know if you have any problems.

Khudson7 said:
OI Photography said:

Yes, back on the post where I talk about the timer. There are 8 logical switches that need to be set, 3 special functions, and then on the setup screen the timer 1 needs to be set to L7.

That should do it. Let me know if you have any problems.

Also in this logic, I am using global variable 2's value to set to 1 when timer is on and 0 when timer is off. If you happen to be using global variable 2 for something else, then you will need to change my settings to a global variable that is not being used. I am sure that is obvious but I thought I should mention it anyway.

And this logic assumes you start the phantom by pushing both sticks down and into the center.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31