What do Professional Drone Pilots need in Mapping Software?

Reaction score
Hello Pilots,

I currently work for a software company that produces high end real-time (less than 33ms of processing latency) video&photo enhancement products for large scale UAS/RPA systems. We currently have mapping capabilities for systems that are much more disadvantaged than the current commercial drone market. That being said, I really feel like we have capabilities that would work for the professional commercial pilots but I am having difficulty really defining what pilots actually need vs. what companies are marketing towards. (personally growing up on a farm, I find it difficult to believe a farmer needs the crop information some of these companies are pushing. But then again, I could be extremely wrong. Feel free to tell me so)

Also looking at software prices points vs. what you actually use daily from the software you use. I have gone to AUVSI (Xponential) type conferences multiple times but all I really get out of that is company marketing but no real pilot feedback.

The companies we would likely be competing against would be Pix4D, Drone Deploy, Data Mapper...and so on....

What do these products do that you couldn't operate your businesses with out?

All feedback is valuable feedback, thank you for anything you are willing to share.

Hello Pilots,

I currently work for a software company that produces high end real-time (less than 33ms of processing latency) video&photo enhancement products for large scale UAS/RPA systems. We currently have mapping capabilities for systems that are much more disadvantaged than the current commercial drone market. That being said, I really feel like we have capabilities that would work for the professional commercial pilots but I am having difficulty really defining what pilots actually need vs. what companies are marketing towards. (personally growing up on a farm, I find it difficult to believe a farmer needs the crop information some of these companies are pushing. But then again, I could be extremely wrong. Feel free to tell me so)

Also looking at software prices points vs. what you actually use daily from the software you use. I have gone to AUVSI (Xponential) type conferences multiple times but all I really get out of that is company marketing but no real pilot feedback.

The companies we would likely be competing against would be Pix4D, Drone Deploy, Data Mapper...and so on....

What do these products do that you couldn't operate your businesses with out?

All feedback is valuable feedback, thank you for anything you are willing to share.
Hey Nick, I just noticed your post, although its old, do you still need some input?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik