with the extra battry + 1
Set of prop guards ...

Anything else am missing?
Thought about range and so forth
This seems to be an easy upgrade:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2E9_LbSdm5E

Suggestions
Thanks

Just stick with the stock quad with the vision wifi booster app for now and learn to fly. You'll get 2000k ft on the FPV. After that, If you think you'll need to go further, then look into antenna upgrades.

SOGdrone1 said:
Suggestions
Thanks
Suggestion 1: Forget the prop guards.
Suggestion 2: If you've never flow, get some experienced assistance.
Suggestion 3: Thoroughly read and understand the manual and do all the pre-flight stuff with the diligence of a mad man.
Suggestion 4: Get some sort of travel case.

Forget about the prop guards, I was a complete newbie 6 weeks ago and have not had a single accident in 60 plus flights (the camera got wet but thats was my own fault placing it too close to the waters edge prior to take off), do fast take offs to about to about 6 feet and check it is behaving ok and hand catch to avoid tip overs, it's very easy.
Start reading the manual now, watch lots of you tube videos, Simon Newtons you tube videos are excellent, do a good pre flight checklist (see Simons you tube video on this), don't descend too fast and try to put some angle on your descents (especially if you decide to keep the prop guards on, the Phantom can get caught in its own vortex which can cause problems), make sure your antenna is pointed the correct way (flat side towards the Phantom), ALWAYS calibrate your compass at every new place you fly, away from anything that might throw off the compass (ie dont do it next to a car or large metal object), keep an eye on how many sats you have and your battery level and your good to go.

I think I did too much reading of the Forums and got myself worried but within minutes of my first flight I was very confident.

A case is useful but I use a large backpack/holdal that I put the packaging that the phantom comes with inside, it works for me.

Depending on where you are flying and if you will be driving a lot a car charger is useful to re charge your batteries while on the road.

Happy flying, you are going to love it.

I will actually say leave the prop guards... I am a brand new P2V+ owner as well (2 weeks) and i had 2 crashes the first night (and havent since i put them on).
However, i havent noticed any increased VRS (vortex ring state) or any other issues. I keep them on because i dont see any difference in the way it handles, but i do have kids in my neighborhood, and who knows when if ever this thing will decide to fly on its own. Yeah , its probably not going to happen, but I figure 15 dollar prop guards or the potential accidental death lawsuit.
Lots of kids in my neighborhood... too much risk. and to those that say "well dont fly around em dude" i dont.... but again, RC toys can do odd things from time to time.

Thank you for all of the tips tricks and insight... one more day and I will have it in hand...
I have read many of the threads on the PV2+ and my youtube account as been taken over with vids from Simon and other about the PHantom ...
cant wait ... but that's fine... more time for research and planning and reading and more reading ...

any other tips would be helpful ... prop guards are a go for me for now ... I will probably hand catch...
More to come ..

Ok got my phantom and have had about 20 successful flights .
Thanks for all the help ..

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik