What do I need for an FPV Set-up?

Reaction score
I'm getting my Phantom 2 (standard) in a couple of days along with an H3-3D gimbal. I have a gopro that I will be using with this as well. I'm really interested in a FPV set-up either with a screen or with goggles/glasses. I'm new to the quad hobby so not sure exactly what I'll need. I don't have thousands to spend so hoping for a budget set-up.

Any suggestions or advice is appreciated.

Thanks

Welcome to the forum .
Everything Ken said + I would add a good set of antennas I never had good luck with the rubber Duckys .

Welcome to the forum .
Everything Ken said + I would add a good set of antennas I never had good luck with the rubber Duckys .

Yea, was going to suggest something for the antennas and forgot... sorry... antennas are a funny subject because it seems not everyone has the same configuration... I started with these:

FatShark SpiroNET antennas

I put one on my ImmersionRC 600, and one on my Black Pearl. Then I got this:

ImmersionRC SpiroNET 5.8GHz CP Patch Antenna

I put that on the Black Pearl as well. Took it out yesterday, and it worked very well. I had some significant interference issues up until I got the patch antenna. Putting the Black Pearl on a tripod helped out a lot of people as well.

Ken, I noticed in your sig you use an h4-3D gimbal with a hero 4. Will a hero 4 work with an h3-3D gimbal as well? Do u know?

Ken, I noticed in your sig you use an h4-3D gimbal with a hero 4. Will a hero 4 work with an h3-3D gimbal as well? Do u know?
Mine does. Phantom 2 NV, Zenmuse H3-3D gimbal and a GoPro Hero 4 Black.

I _think_ so, but I'm not sure. I thought I had heard that there would be some sort of balance issue. Forum member Jason knows something about this I think, so maybe he'll see this and chime in. Sorry, but I don't want to be wrong for you...

If you want to save a buck on the transmitter eachine make a good one in the $20 range.

I can't say whether it's the best, but it's the one a lot people seem to use. I use it, and it works very well for me, paired up with the right antennas...

Well better to stay with whats working for everyone

Can anyone recommend a mount for the Black Pearl to the DJI controller?

Yea, was going to suggest something for the antennas and forgot... sorry... antennas are a funny subject because it seems not everyone has the same configuration... I started with these:

FatShark SpiroNET antennas

I put one on my ImmersionRC 600, and one on my Black Pearl. Then I got this:

ImmersionRC SpiroNET 5.8GHz CP Patch Antenna

I put that on the Black Pearl as well. Took it out yesterday, and it worked very well. I had some significant interference issues up until I got the patch antenna. Putting the Black Pearl on a tripod helped out a lot of people as well.

What interference issues do you have by not using the upgraded anntennas?

What interference issues do you have by not using the upgraded anntennas?

For some reason I was getting interference, lines on the screen. It would start even before takeoff, then get progressively worse the further away I got. But now with the antennas I have it works very well. I also saw the video on antenna orientation, in relation to the type of antennas you have. It's floating around this site somewhere in a bunch of different threads, I don't have the link handy, sorry...

So the spironet antenna's I purchased won't fit onto the Black Pearl. Both ends have the metal piece in the middle. Do I need an adapter or something?

So the spironet antenna's I purchased won't fit onto the Black Pearl. Both ends have the metal piece in the middle. Do I need an adapter or something?
Yes you got the wrong end when ordering not a problem you need something like in link this was just a quick search you might be able to find a better deal . Just a side note in the link $4.50 for one not 2 like in pic .
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00CVQ3XLY/ref=pd_aw_sim_147_1?ie=UTF8&dpID=415vAeFknWL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL100_SR100,97_&refRID=1NXMB1AMXHVP4B2P6KA0

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers