What do I do! Bad video quality.

Reaction score
So I ordered my FPV gear last week and now believe I made the mistake of ordering a 32 channel black pearl with an immersion 600 tx. I have two spyronet antennas with iosd mini. Can anyone confirm the 32 channel doesn't work well with the immersion rc? If so should I order a new transmitter or exchange the black pearl for the 7 channel version? Currently my reception is constantly in and out once at 50 meters.

Thanks guys and fly safe!

Re: What do I do! Bad video quality.

I get 200 - 300M with my rig - which is the same as yours. I think the 7 channel could do better, but this is as far as I fly, as I cannot see the thing much further away lol. I do have a 6 turn helical that gets me another 50m, but I don't get the KM+ range some report.

Check the antennae are facing in the correct direction. Straight down on the quadcopter and straight up on the receiver.

What channels do you have them set at exactly? Are these devices xxx5 off? Also what exact antennas are you using? Can you show us a pic of the quad from the bottom that shows antenna placement and direction? How close is the antenna to compass/control Rx? I think the 32 channel BP is pretty badass. Especially with the 4.25 helical on ant2.

silent_sun said:
What channels do you have them set at exactly? Are these devices xxx5 off? Also what exact antennas are you using? Can you show us a pic of the quad from the bottom that shows antenna placement and direction? How close is the antenna to compass/control Rx? I think the 32 channel BP is pretty badass. Especially with the 4.25 helical on ant2.
I just set it up last night and did a 10 min test flight. Device is set band f channel 1. Not sure what you mean by "xxx5 off". I'm using 5.8GHz Fatshark spiroNET Antenne Set Cloverleaf and SPW - FPV 5.8 - ImmersionRC for the antennas. I will send pictures when I get home but the tx is mounted with the the antenna side pointing to the rear and I have the antenna bent towards the ground. Using the other spyro antenna at the left receiver. Once again will send pics asap

UAV-Outlet said:
32 channel works perfect with DJI transmitters, and the 7 will work better with Immersions.. We have the new VAS BlueBeam antennas in stock if you want to try them as well..

http://www.uav-outlet.com/products/ibcrazy-5-8-ghz-bluebeam-ultra-antenna-set.html

5_8_ultras_cased__35263.1419373090.1000.1200.jpg
Ya this is what I have heard. I just find it weird that the 32 wouldn't work as good.

Hmmm. Looks like ur antennas are good. Mounting sounds correct. You definitely have the dip switches on the Tx all set to "ON"?

Something not right there. I have 32 channel BP using 1F with Horizon matched set of 3 and get over 1.5km.

silent_sun said:
Hmmm. Looks like ur antennas are good. Mounting sounds correct. You definitely have the dip switches on the Tx all set to "ON"?
Correct all are on.

IrishSights said:
Something not right there. I have 32 channel BP using 1F with Horizon matched set of 3 and get over 1.5km.
Ya I have no clue. I have seen many posts over the last week about this setup having problems, especially the immersion tx not working with the 32 channel properly. Then others say it work great. So I decided last night to order the 7ch. Hopefully that resolves it if not new tx I suppose.

I have a 32 ch BP and works awesome with my 600. I just use cheap cloverleafs and a patch. I get at least a mile. Snows a little but still ok. I'll post a picture of my setup.

Zoeconner said:
I have a 32 ch BP and works awesome with my 600. I just use cheap cloverleafs and a patch. I get at least a mile. Snows a little but still ok. I'll post a picture of my setup.
Please do. Maybe I got a bad BP or Tx. will find out friday.

Not the best but this is my setup. Not sure what channel Im on. I went through all of them bust didnt see any change. I still plan on getting better quality antennas but for now it have no complaints for the distance I get.

Attachments

• IMG_1166.jpg
    IMG_1166.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 435
  • IMG_1167.JPG
    IMG_1167.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 416

Also being my first I didnt know there are 2 different antennas. RX and TX. Maybe that could be it. Someone here will know if that makes a big difference or not.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20