What do all the numbers mean

Reaction score
When I do a calibration of the firmware I can't find anywhere that explains what all the numbers mean they vary from numbers about the compass to other things like the gimbal. My gimbal is not level and I would like to experiment with changing some readings to see if they have any effect. Anyone know where I might find a guide to these items.

I had the same gimbel level problem until I used a small spirit level on the legs to get it level before doing the full calibration. The help pane gives some explanation about the 'mod' field but proper explaination is not dji's strong point.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8

The English Guy said:
When I do a calibration of the firmware I can't find anywhere that explains what all the numbers mean they vary from numbers about the compass to other things like the gimbal. My gimbal is not level and I would like to experiment with changing some readings to see if they have any effect. Anyone know where I might find a guide to these items.

Check out this video, it is explained in detail & simple to understand. I found it very helpful. He tells you what all the numbers mean.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=695FLzWT_ko

The video although an excellent one does not explain where the numbers come from. Then he only discusses the ones for the compass. I have watched a couple of his videos. There is a video from a guy at DJI showing what to do if the numbers on the compass line in the calibration page. I've forgotten the YOUTUBE Video #. But should be easy to search for.

It's simply the actual raw data from the gyro, accelerometer and compass. Each sensor is a three axis sensor hence the 3 values each.

Yes ironwood, but what do the numbers mean and what should they read and why. DJI should at least tell us that or why do they bother displaying them.

Why are you hung up on what the numbers 'mean'?

The numbers do not 'mean' anything at all other than give translated values from different axis accelerometers and gyros.
It could be argued that the software really doesn't need to indicate these values at all and only giving a mod value for each axis would be a better option - that way you are only interested in whether the IMU's are within acceptable tolerance limits and if not you calibrate accordingly.

The real clever stuff is done within the Naza itself taking these accelerometer/gyro values, translating them into inertial, temporal and spacial data and compensating accordingly to keep our aircraft airborne.

We are not in fact flying our Phantom or Naza equipped craft at all.... the flight controller is. (with the exception of manual mode which gives linear stick control/input).

The whole fact that the values are shown at all in assist is more than likely a left-over from when the engineers were debugging the code and needed a visual representation of what was going on and how the algorithms were compensating against different external forces.

Don't worry about numbers (unless it's your bank balance numbers :D ) - just go and enjoy flying !!!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31