What DJI Got Wrong With the Phantom 4

breaks the rule vlos all the time would like to due googles but to many birds and low flying helicopters around

As I said, I don't give a rat's appendage what you do, though I Really should. You see, this hobby that the rest of us have been doing safely and somewhat in obscurity for over 50 years is in jeopardy because of exactly the types of behaviors you are encouraging. It's not safe, and to say anything otherwise is pretentious at best and outright dangerous at worst.

Just because "people do it" does not make it safe.
Agreed, just ask Enrique Iglesias,

Agreed, just ask Enrique Iglesias,
he stuck his finger up into blade how dumb was that most people that hand catch are good at it and responsible know better to stick finger up by blades plus wait for motors to shut off like I said before some people shouldn't due it

Last edited:
I've been flying the P4 since it was released and had to put a clip together covering a few of the details I think they missed. I LOVE the drone but hope they correct these with the Phantom 5.

Spot on let's hope they improve all you mentioned.

Yet another diatribe about hand catching. Yes, it has a few risks, no it's not particularly dangerous. There must be thousands of hand caught flights by now. The occasional orthopedic attack is typically people holding it wrong. There is a safe way to do it and probably a dozen unsafe methods. Lots of YouTube vids.

I'm sure DJI would rather us not hand catch - they sell more spare rotors (and gimbals and motors and whatnot) that way.

Reactions: m0j0
Yet another diatribe about hand catching. Yes, it has a few risks, no it's not particularly dangerous. There must be thousands of hand caught flights by now. The occasional orthopedic attack is typically people holding it wrong. There is a safe way to do it and probably a dozen unsafe methods. Lots of YouTube vids.

I'm sure DJI would rather us not hand catch - they sell more spare rotors (and gimbals and motors and whatnot) that way.
yep that sums it up

hand catch blah blah blah some people don't have hand eye brain function to due it .so land and tip over and buy new props or motors

Hello , im new to the forum, and would like to give my humild opinion.

First i would like to thank DroneValley for taking the time and making a nice video about what he thinks.

In my opinion this is just a positive way to make DJI hear about what people think , regardless you (person reaidng now) think he is right or not.

Its more to DJI to decide if its a thing that have to be adressed in a future and will make a rly nice impact to consumers (Like me) which should be
the most important part as we are the ones who put cash on their pockets.

I think he has positive thoughts, it reminds me how apple make people buying extra stuff to be able to DO this and that (like competitors Android, they dont make you add alot more to your purchase) giving me the feel that DJI thinks more like apple......What does this means, .... well very simple...... Buy this BUT you will also
need to buy this and that....... WHICH PERSONALLY i dont like .

I know its a bussines and at the end their purpose is and will be always sell as much as they can BUT !!!!! today consumers like me and im sure many others
read and read more about a product before buying, and what we want is "The best Our Money can BUY, inside of our own financial situation )

All that being said, i would totally agree in adding HDMI on the controller, and thinking more about the protection of the expensive parts like the gymbal/camera etc. or being able to upgrade that camera in the future( Simply Why not? ).

I am the kind of person that prefers to buy 1 time and avoid as much buying extras.. for example i prefer looking at a product with tax included than the sign saying price + Tax, psicologically i simple prefer tax included .

That can be also with DJI, i think we spend a good amount of money at the beginning in order to have the less of upgrades neccesary in a future.

THANKS for you that read till the end and Happy Flying !!!

P.D. Sorry for my bad english , english is not my natal language :)

I've been flying the P4 since it was released and had to put a clip together covering a few of the details I think they missed. I LOVE the drone but hope they correct these with the Phantom 5.

Love the idea of lens protection and auto record....

First i would like to thank DroneValley for taking the time and making a nice video about what he thinks.

In my opinion this is just a positive way to make DJI hear about what people think , regardless you (person reaidng now) think he is right or not.

Its more to DJI to decide if its a thing that have to be adressed in a future and will make a rly nice impact to consumers (Like me) which should be

I think he has positive thoughts, it reminds me how apple make people buying extra stuff to be able to DO this and that (like competitors Android, they dont make you add alot more to your purchase) giving me the feel that DJI thinks more like apple......What does this means, .... well very simple...... Buy this BUT you will also

I know its a bussines and at the end their purpose is and will be always sell as much as they can BUT !!!!! today consumers like me and im sure many others
read and read more about a product before buying, and what we want is "The best Our Money can BUY, inside of our own financial situation )

All that being said, i would totally agree in adding HDMI on the controller, and thinking more about the protection of the expensive parts like the gymbal/camera etc. or being able to upgrade that camera in the future( Simply Why not? ).

I am the kind of person that prefers to buy 1 time and avoid as much buying extras.. for example i prefer looking at a product with tax included than the sign saying price + Tax, psicologically i simple prefer tax included .

That can be also with DJI, i think we spend a good amount of money at the beginning in order to have the less of upgrades neccesary in a future.

ever wonder why dji is sold at apple stores now food for thought

plus removable camera would be nice opps that why I got a autel x star premium cause it comes off with one click of the button for future upgrades

hand catch blah blah blah some people don't have hand eye brain function to due it .so land and tip over and buy new props or motors
Don't know about anyone else, but I have never (yet) tipped my P3P on landing. Grass, sidewalks, sand, ice, etc. I pay a lot of attention to landing. I've spent enough already, don't want to have to buy more parts/birds.

Don't know about anyone else, but I have never (yet) tipped my P3P on landing. Grass, sidewalks, sand, ice, etc. I pay a lot of attention to landing. I've spent enough already, don't want to have to buy more parts/birds.
seen a lot of people tip them over just happens fly with a lot of people around florida

One of the biggest reason for tipping over on landing is those people perform a CSC to kill the motors upon landing instead of keeping throttle down!!!!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

As I said, I don't give a rat's appendage what you do, though I Really should. You see, this hobby that the rest of us have been doing safely and somewhat in obscurity for over 50 years is in jeopardy because of exactly the types of behaviors you are encouraging. It's not safe, and to say anything otherwise is pretentious at best and outright dangerous at worst.

Just because "people do it" does not make it safe.

The hobby that you have been enjoying for the past 50 years is changing rapidly with today's technology, hence there will be many changes that you are not accustomed to. In your opinion and abilities hand catching is dangerous, I respect your opinion, as you should respect the opinion of the masses that don't share your belief!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: flpholt
plus removable camera would be nice opps that why I got a autel x star premium cause it comes off with one click of the button for future upgrades

Ya thats nice ! still i dont want to spend right now on more drones lol, my new phantom 4 will arrive in 2 days , im so excited to fly with it, i was with yuneec , i still have my typhoon q500 4k, and i like it but phantom 4 feautures looked amazing to me and in general better than a Typhoon H , so i was sold and i bought 1 !! :)

Mainly reasons why i changed was :

Camera seems to be better overall. ( i dont care about 360 , i can do it manually rly)
Distance, Speed.
App options and technology in general.

Ya thats nice ! still i dont want to spend right now on more drones lol, my new phantom 4 will arrive in 2 days , im so excited to fly with it, i was with yuneec , i still have my typhoon q500 4k, and i like it but phantom 4 feautures looked amazing to me and in general better than a Typhoon H , so i was sold and i bought 1 !! :)

Mainly reasons why i changed was :

Camera seems to be better overall. ( i dont care about 360 , i can do it manually rly)
Distance, Speed.
App options and technology in general.
nice have some fun with your new p4

Reactions: Leonardo Diaz

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20