What distances are UK flyers getting?

Reaction score
Do we have a general view yet about how much potential range is lost due to the apparent reduced power of CE model Phatom 3's? I have seen some Youtube videos of one guy in Portugal getting over 4km and assume that bird will have the same restrictions as UK Phantom. Very confusing to see a potential CE model Phantom going twice as far as it should. Any thoughts would be welcome as I dont want to commit to purchase until I can be certain that stable 720p fpv footage can be enjoyed from a range that is much greater than video distance we had with the P2 range. Thanks.

Do we have a general view yet about how much potential range is lost due to the apparent reduced power of CE model Phatom 3's? I have seen some Youtube videos of one guy in Portugal getting over 4km and assume that bird will have the same restrictions as UK Phantom. Very confusing to see a potential CE model Phantom going twice as far as it should. Any thoughts would be welcome as I dont want to commit to purchase until I can be certain that stable 720p fpv footage can be enjoyed from a range that is much greater than video distance we had with the P2 range. Thanks.
IMO and based on what I've seen and read, the "max range" was drastically understated. CE transmitters will hit the "max distance". There's a video from some dude in Germany that flew almost to the moon and back.

Thanks for your input. I know there is quite a bit of opinion about this. However, it would be interesting to hear real life numbers from as many actual UK P3 owners as possible so we have some concrete info to work with.

Thanks for your input. I know there is quite a bit of opinion about this. However, it would be interesting to hear real life numbers from as many actual UK P3 owners as possible so we have some concrete info to work with.
The best I've had so far is 4070 meters. FPV was just slightly going, a little flickering but nothing drastic.
I'm sure it will go further, The only reason I turned around was because I was shitting my self :)

The best I've had so far is 4070 meters. FPV was just slightly going, a little flickering but nothing drastic.
I'm sure it will go further, The only reason I turned around was because I was shitting my self :)

Is that with stock antennas?

Is that with stock antennas?
Yes, completely stock.
I think my battery was at around 65% when I turned around and about 44% when I landed.
On the way out she was fighting a 10 mph ish wind so was getting around 50mph speed back.

Yes, completely stock.
I think my battery was at around 65% when I turned around and about 44% when I landed.
On the way out she was fighting a 10 mph ish wind so was getting around 50mph speed back.

Impressive. could've been much better with less wind. It has been really windy where I am put me off flying

I don't see much of a need for upgrades if you are flying in a clean RF environment. Mine will out fly the battery with the stock setup (FCC mode).
Agree, especially if you have the windsurfer style reflectors the only real limit is the battery power to get home - even on our less powerful CE version.

Indeed. The furthest i have achieved is 4.5km with only a cheap 3d printed windsurfer. Everything stock. Same thing, turned around because of battery probably had another 1000m in it, just didn't want to push it. 9km round trip is more than satisfying.

Reactions: stimpy
I got 2200 feet today with my advance before I was losing fpv.control signal was flickering from full to low and back.
I have a lot of trees in my way and was at 200 feet .
I was expecting double this tbh.
Is that normal?

It won't like the trees, 2000 feet sounds quite good in that situation
The crucial thing for getting big distances is a good clear area in front of you - ideally with a bit of elevation at your take off point.
The FPV almost always starts to go while you still have reasonably good control signal so slow down but no need to panic. Just going a few feet higher will often restore signal,

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20