What distance are you pilots getting stock

DrJoe said:
Toms River
aahhhh Toms River. I spent the summer of 98 in lakehurst. And Toms River has the closest white castle to me. I've driven up there twice since 98 just for white castle. My friend delivers tires up there and every now and then and he'll bring me some. it's nice to see another flyer in Jersey

Still trees in Toms River?? :)
Just kidding I live in Linwood NJ , near Somers point and ocean city.
I built a bunch of bridges on the pkwy up in your area..
Didn't there used to be a nice hobby shop up there ?

Big Chips said:
my altitude on my flights were around 680
are there any tips you can give about how alt verses distance.
i.e.. up and out equally,
or up and out to 680 (up) then straight out from there,
or up and out till 500 ft up, then out for 1000 feet, then up another hundred, than out 1000 (like stairs)

I got 4600ft out the yesterday at 800 feet up, then recharged all my batteries and went back to the same farmland and couldn't pass 3500 no matter the alt. i even when up to 1000 feet

neoneo said:
Big Chips said:
or up and out till 500 ft up, then out for 1000 feet, then up another hundred, than out 1000 (like stairs)

I got 4600ft out the yesterday at 800 feet up, then recharged all my batteries and went back to the same farmland and couldn't pass 3500 no matter the alt. i even when up to 1000 feet

I used to think that height = more distance but my longest flight so far was at a max altitude of only 323 feet!
So now I think there may be more variables than just altitude and speed.

2trickpony said:
neoneo said:
Big Chips said:

I used to think that height = more distance but my longest flight so far was at a max altitude of only 323 feet!
So now I think there may be more variables than just altitude and speed.

I agree that in urban areas there are a lot of different variables. but in endless green fields with no wires or trees, moving like a stairs seems to work for me.
300 feet up i've only gotten 1200 feet out. I've tested that at 3 different parks and in 1 farm fields.
400 feet up = 1800 feet out. tested in same locations
500 feet up = 2200+feet out. tested in same locations
all the way up to 800 feet giving me 4600 feet out.

my issue is that 2 hours after my 4600 foot flight i couldn't pass 3500 feet no matter how high went. i went everywhere between 600 and 1000 feet. RTH mode was activated at anything under 600 high. tried it 3 times cause a low flying plane, then a helicopter, were in the area and i was trying my hardest to drop under 400 ft. that was scary!

I just passed 3000 feet in a very dense urban area. just had to maintain line of sight. and be 800 feet up.
It worked just as it thought. 300 feet up had it's limit. RTH was activated around 1800. 400 feet up got me another 400 feet before RTH was activated. And it worked like stairs all the way to 800 feet up by 3000+feet out. when i tried to go to 850 feet up RTH activated.

Mileage varies, but it seems to be all about line of sight. The transmitter/extender needs to have a clear path to the Phantom with no obstructions in between. You'll need some altitude because ground objects...particularly water...seem to affect the signal. The transmitter antenna needs to be perpendicular to the Phantom, and the Wi-Fi Extender needs to be pointed at the Phantom also.

neoneo said:
I just passed 3000 feet in a very dense urban area. just had to maintain line of sight. and be 800 feet up.
It worked just as it thought. 300 feet up had it's limit. RTH was activated around 1800. 400 feet up got me another 400 feet before RTH was activated. And it worked like stairs all the way to 800 feet up by 3000+feet out. when i tried to go to 850 feet up RTH activated.

How dense of an urban area? Also I'm curious how many wifi signals do you search through trying to find your phantom_o6bxxxx wifi signal. I wonder if that has to do with anything. Maybe it's luck of the draw in terms of all this. I have never been able to go farther than 400 feet up and 1,000 feet distance. Actually I've barely ever even come close to 1,000 foot distance in any park here without it saying connection lost.

midwestjeff said:
neoneo said:

How dense of an urban area? Also I'm curious how many wifi signals do you search through trying to find your phantom_o6bxxxx wifi signal. I wonder if that has to do with anything. Maybe it's luck of the draw in terms of all this. I have never been able to go farther than 400 feet up and 1,000 feet distance. Actually I've barely ever even come close to 1,000 foot distance in any park here without it saying connection lost.

i apologize for saying urban. I mean a dense rural area. here is a video of me a few minutes ago 3500+ feet out and 900 feet up.
http://youtu.be/1dUx7qfzotE
if you are limited to 400 feet up and 1000 feet out it seem like your perimeters are set that way. you can change them in the assistant software settings. i think mine were set to 400 and 1000 but i changed them so i can film while in a moving car. The phantom marks the distance from the home point. not the transmitter so i had to change them

I'm not as brave as most of you guys. I went out yesterday afternoon to about 1300' altitude 250' and she didn't even flinch. This was in open country with no other wifi around for miles.

ITS OFFICIAL!!! I JUST PASSED 5300 FEET!!! THATS OVER A MILE (STOCK). for some incredibly stupid reason the dji app disables screen shots on my galaxy s4 so I'm going back out there to do it again with my daughters phone to take a pic of my screen. I'm sooooooo excited. i didn't think i'd ever pass 3k and now I'm over a mile.
just downloaded an app called screenshot that will work perfectly

It's amazing stuff.. but I haven't bothered to go further than a mile since I did it 2 nights in a row a few weeks ago. I even increased my max distance but haven't even tried to see what my real limit is yet.. [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8ovlIlfjD4[/youtube]

I've had my P2V+ for a couple of days and took it out onto a playing field in the burbs... Sent it straight up & couldn't see it after 250ft against the sky. According to the app on my cell phone it went up to 726ft before I chickened out & brought it back down to 100ft and sent it forward to 850ft but brought it back because I was afraid it might decide to head back to China.
Strange feeling when you can no longer see it...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20