What could be causing this

My gimbal started shaking also just recently, not just from a litchi mission. It is now doing it somewhat regularly when flying and turning. I brought it home and sat and played with the gimbal. Turning it left and right, looking at it in different angles etc. Then, I found it. Facing the bird, I turned the camera facing the left, and when I pushed it all the way very gently, I noticed it was a bit spongy as if there was some fight there to stop it, nothing holding it. Then I did the same thing to the right. It hit part of the housing and sprang back right away. No spongy feeling. I pushed it again and held it to where the camera was facing right, then let it go. It stayed stuck on the housing at the top of the yaw arm. I did this several times on both sides. It would always stay when I pushed it to the right. I examined the place where it stuck and there was a small nick in the housing. Rather than get all technical and try to see if it is the circuit card or whatever, I just filed down the area (very slightly) where it got stuck. Then tested it with by moving it over and holding it like before. I could not get it to stick again. So, I took it out for a flight. No problems now. So, even a small nick in the housing can catch a camera and hold it causing a shake in a camera before it works itself loose because the yaw motor is telling it to let go. Hope this helps someone if you have any issues like this.

Reactions: mikesmiley

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1