What could be causing this

Reaction score
Started having an issue when I'm flying in a certain position. I get this shaking going on. Is this a flaw or a symptom of the position and speed. Was going about 30 mph at 200 feet...Thanks..

must have been at an extreme angle to see legs.
i would look at prop balance to start with but then do close in flying to see whats going on when moving forwards / sideways etc.

Reactions: bkushner
IF you use a hardcase and leave your props on they can become warped.

IF you use a hardcase and leave your props on they can become warped.
Really depends on the hard case. I have a Nanuk 945 and have yet to have any prop issues. Tradeoff with taking them on/off all the time actually, as less likely to bugger the threads or leave one loose.

I will try a new set of props I have here and fly the same mission conditions and see if it's props..thanks all for the replies.

...at least it shows how well the gimbal performs, pretty smooth video for that much vibration going on. Let us know what it does with the different props.

I've seen that in couple of my videos as well and I chalked it up to being very windy. If the drone is fighting the find that much esp to see the landing gear, I could see that shaking/jello being possible.

Really depends on the hard case. I have a Nanuk 945 and have yet to have any prop issues. Tradeoff with taking them on/off all the time actually, as less likely to bugger the threads or leave one loose.

Yeah I know, you have the exact same stuff GadetGuy has.

Put on a new set of DJI Carbon Fiber Props and reran the mission. I'd say 95% better, couple of bumps but no landing gear in view. The old props look fine to my eye but didn't measure balance.

While I'm on the subject, is there any value to flying with the Carbon Fiber over the regular issue DJI Props?

Thanks again for the help.

Put on a new set of DJI Carbon Fiber Props and reran the mission. I'd say 95% better, couple of bumps but no landing gear in view. The old props look fine to my eye but didn't measure balance.

While I'm on the subject, is there any value to flying with the Carbon Fiber over the regular issue DJI Props?

The general concensus seems to be not really, especially as they're 4x the price of standard plastic props...

Started having an issue when I'm flying in a certain position. I get this shaking going on. Is this a flaw or a symptom of the position and speed. Was going about 30 mph at 200 feet...Thanks..

You say you are in a certain position. How did you get into that certain position? Are you using Litchi or DJI GO? It looks like you are somehow facing the camera far to the left. If that is true, how are you doing that? More information is helpful. Thanks.

I will try a new set of props I have here and fly the same mission conditions and see if it's props..thanks all for the replies.

Ahh, you said mission conditions so I am guessing you are using Litchi in a mission. This can happen if you have placed a POI too close to the turn. Litchi will attempt to view the POI at the angle you have designed based on the waypoint but if it is too close, it will try to turn the camera till it hits it's full range of motion and then just shudder once it hits its end point. I have done that several times and had to move my POI away from the turn or away from the waypoint. Hope this helps.

No. They're poorly balanced, they're brittle, they'll cut the hell out of you, and they sometimes just fall off. No redeeming values.

In windy conditions flying fast sideways I've seen this happen with my P3P. When I slow down it goes away, pretty much. I've never seen it shutter flying forward into the wind, only sideways.

You say you are in a certain position. How did you get into that certain position? Are you using Litchi or DJI GO? It looks like you are somehow facing the camera far to the left. If that is true, how are you doing that? More information is helpful. Thanks.
It's a Litchi mission......with waypoints and POI

It's a Litchi mission......with waypoints and POI

Yes that is what I thought. Try moving the waypoint away from the POI. I have done that before where the POI was too close to the waypoint. It caused ridiculous stuttering of the camera. From my experience, the POI has to be pretty far from the waypoint. If looking on the map in the Litchi mission hub, try putting the POI about 1/2 inch or more from the waypoint. Then run the mission again. See if that fixes the problem. Then, you can try moving it closer or further away depending on the video. This takes some testing to determine the best distance to move the POI from the waypoint. Keep up the good work but experiment.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie